Multiple Job Openings for Service Technicians in Canada. Read the Service Technician job summary, and responsibilities and apply now.
Also, apply for Service Technician Jobs in the United States.
Service Technicians in Canada Job Summary
This role handles inbound and outgoing inquiries about technology repair, replacement, and problem resolution, reporting to the Manager, External Service Desk. While dealing with difficult events and working in a fast-paced atmosphere, the incumbent exhibits empathy.
To analyze and resolve customer demands in a timely manner, this function requires exceptional troubleshooting abilities. Northwestel is committed to the goals of Employment Equity and values diversity in the workplace.
We seek to have a professional workforce that reflects the demographics of the people we serve, and as a Northern firm, we are dedicated to providing employment and career opportunities for our Indigenous peoples.
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience while maximizing first-contact resolution with Northwestel tools and support systems.
- Customer requests and complaints are received, logged, and responded to via phone and email.
- Walk the user through the solution or gain remote access to the user’s device to troubleshoot and answer customer inquiries and take corrective action. This could include things like connectivity, configuration, and functionality.
Also, apply for Accountant Jobs in Canada.
- To assess internet and telephone connectivity against expected behavior and quality standards, analyze requirements and create test scenarios.
- Make follow-up contact with the consumer to guarantee a satisfying outcome.
- Monitor issues and, if necessary, escalate to management; incidents that are not being addressed in a timely manner.
- Available to work a rotating shift schedule (including evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays) in a 7-day-a-week setting.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- At a recognized technical institute, a two-year technical diploma in telecommunications or computers is required.
- Must have good oral, written, and comprehension English communication skills, as well as the ability to translate technical jargon into plain language to assure comprehension.
- Network technology, topologies, and protocols are well-understood.
- Diagnosing, documenting, and troubleshooting issues across many technologies is a plus.
- Participate in our organization’s health and safety initiatives, following all safe work procedures that are geared toward continuous improvement, and ensuring that all safety training is up to date.
- All administrative activities, including but not limited to time reporting, expenditure reporting, and the submission of corporate card statements, must be completed on time.
- Candidates for this position may be required to take pre-employment examinations and/or conduct a work simulation exercise as part of the recruitment process.
Before you go, apply for more Jobs in Canada.