Multiple Job Openings for Statisticians in Canada. Read the Statistician job summary, and responsibilities and apply now.
Also, apply for Service Technician Jobs in Canada.
Statisticians in Canada Job Summary
The purpose of this position is to conduct high-quality research that supports ROSA’s core goals, with a focus on the elderly and health care services for the elderly. An MRFF Primary Care grant is supporting this position.
This position will analyze studies that provide evidence for practice and policy recommendations relating to access, variance, effectiveness, and costs associated with providing primary health care services that improve the health and welfare of elderly people living in facilities or in the community.
- Planning, implementation, statistical analysis, and publication of high-quality research with an emphasis on health and health services for older individuals seeking aged care.
- Conduct complex analysis of huge datasets (>1 million people) in ROSA, such as aged care data, Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme data, Medicare Benefits Schedule data, and hospitalization records.
Also, apply for Accountant Jobs in Canada.
- Organize and organize the statistical requirements of research initiatives throughout their lifecycles. Timelines, milestones, and deliverables should be advised and monitored.
- Participate in the study design and provide advice. This includes calculating sample sizes as well as selecting and developing relevant study protocols and analytical plans. It is required to have prior experience with complicated multivariable modeling, survival analysis, and missing data.
- Prepare research methodology and findings for papers to be published in peer-reviewed publications.
- Assist/support the compilation of analysis plans and other required input for competitive funding grants and applications.
- When it comes to ROSA’s installation, performance enhancement, and other areas, collaborate with the analytical team on data management, linking efforts, and quality control processes.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field combined with extensive relevant experience is required.
- It is highly desirable to have a master’s or doctoral degree in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, health services research, aging, gerontology, public health, medicine, or a related field.
- Working with SAS, R, or Stata is a must-have skill (with at least high proficiency in one statistical software package)
- Three years of experience working independently with large datasets. Experience working with healthcare data is preferred.
- Working with observational data, multivariable modeling, missing data, confounding/interaction concerns, and survival analysis are all skills you’ll need.
- Experience conducting research with or for people with dementia or cognitive impairment (desirable)
- Understanding of Australia’s aged care system (desirable)
- Methodical with great record-keeping skills. Meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience providing high-level support to research initiatives is required.
Before you go, apply for more Jobs in Canada.