Multiple Job Openings for Firefighters in Canada. Read the Firefighter job summary, and responsibilities and apply now.
Also, apply for Firefighter Jobs In the United States.
It takes time and effort to become a firefighter, but once you do, you will have discovered a vocation that will keep you engaged and fulfilled for the rest of your working life.
We are searching for mature, well-educated, and team-oriented firemen to represent the diverse makeup of the community we serve. Working as a firefighter is not without its difficulties. Before pursuing firefighter recruitment, make sure you understand what you’re getting yourself into.
Consider things like rotating shift work, physical demands such as maintaining physical fitness and leading a healthy lifestyle, and psychological demands such as exposure to tragic and traumatic events that require emotional fortitude, healthy coping mechanisms, and mental resiliency to deal with these situations.
- All emergency response equipment and apparatus must be driven, operated, inspected, and first-line maintenance performed.
- To enhance the cost, time, effectiveness, and customer service, suggest improvements to work methods, procedures, and equipment.
- Take part in or perform firefighter training, life safety inspections, fire prevention, and education initiatives.
- Report fires and keep an eye on them.
Also, apply for Firefighter Jobs in Australia.
- Follow-up inspections should be carried out.
- Assist with fire suppression system inspection, testing, and maintenance, as well as fire alarm detection system testing.
- Conduct regular inspections of the building.
- Perform unit fire extinguisher maintenance and assist with inventory control.
- Assist in the completion of all allocated deliverables and other reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- While performing duties, clearly show Serco Values and work practices.
- Other duties connected to this position may be necessary.
- Must remain physically fit for duty, as well as take and pass an annual firefighter medical exam.
- Take part in the annual physical fitness examination.
- Education at the post-secondary level.
- A minimum level of 5A qualification or Firefighter IAW NFPA 1001, 1002, 1003, and 472 is necessary.
- EMR 2 certified, in accordance with the standards of the Province of Newfoundland & Labrador.
- ARFF re-certification on an annual basis in accordance with STANAG 7145 Minimum Core Competency Class 3 NL Driver’s license with 9 airbrake endorsements.
Before you go, apply for more jobs in Canada.
Also, check out Jobs Available in the Healthcare Sector.