Horticulturist Job Opening at the Saint Louis Zoo, Missouri, the United States. Read for Job details and Apply Now.
|Horticulturist Job Summary|
|Location||Missouri, United States|
|Pay||$24.4k – $31k per year|
|Educational Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employer||Saint Louis Zoo|
The Horticulturist will help with basic landscaping care and installation across the Saint Louis Zoo. This job will support the Zoo’s mission and advocate for the Zoo’s core values and three keys as a member of Facilities Management.
Also, apply for a Fruit Picker Job in Canada.
Horticulturist Job Responsibilities
Below are some of the Job Responsibilities of the potential employee:
- Landscapes should be monitored and maintained to guarantee adequate trimming, watering, fertilization, insect, disease, and weed control.
- Other horticultural activities include mulching, plant and tree installation, pruning, mowing, and leaf removal, among others.
- Chemical application to trees, bushes, grass, and other landscapes is the responsibility of this position.
- Operate and maintain horticultural machinery and equipment.
- To guarantee the safety of pedestrians, operators, and work crews, direct traffic.
- During bad weather, de-ice and remove snow from the Zoo’s walkways, paths, and parking lots.
- To cover watering practices, you may be asked to work weekends.
- As needed, lead and direct any students, interns, or volunteer groups.
- Ensure that all safety precautions and personal protective equipment (PPE) are followed at all times.
- Know and comprehend the Zoo’s employee handbook, and follow all disciplinary procedures and standards.
- Work closely with all of the Zoo’s internal divisions.
- Assist with additional tasks as needed.
To enumerate, here are some of the physical requirements for the horticulturist job:
- Many times a day, you must be able to push, pull, bend, crouch, stoop, and twist.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and load 50 pounds in a safe manner.
- Physical ability to withstand adverse weather conditions, dust, heavy equipment, restraining devices, and dangerous substances. It’s possible that suitable PPE will be necessary.
Also, apply for a Cleaning Job in the United States.
To enumerate, here are some of the qualifications for the Horticulturist Job at Saint Louis Zoo:
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Certification in horticulture or a bachelor’s degree is desirable.
- General knowledge and expertise with turf, trees, shrubs, perennials, and grasses.
- Operating experience with equipment such as riding mowers and skid loaders is desired.
- Keeping basic records is essential.
- High standards and a commitment to excellence.
- Excellent attendance and work ethic.
- Versatility, adaptability, and a readiness to work enthusiastically within a continuously shifting set of goals.
- Residents of Missouri are obliged to have or be able to get a Missouri Class E Driver’s License.
- A criminal background check and a drug test will be required of all successful applicants for this job.
- This role requires COVID immunizations.