Canada Job Opening: Jealous Fruits in Canada is actively recruiting fruit pickers. Read further for the job description and how to apply.
|Fruit Picker Canada Job Description|
|Job Title||Fruit Picker|
|Job Pay||$15 per hour|
$100-$250 per day
|Recruiting Company||Jealous Fruits|
Also, apply for a Production Worker Job in the USA.
Canada Job Responsibilities
The Seasonal Cherry Picker, under the supervision of the Picking Team Supervisor, will ensure that the cherry is picked in the orchard with little harm to the tree and fruit while adhering to safety regulations.
Responsibilities and Duties (include but are not limited to) :
- Pick the fruit carefully to avoid harming oneself, the fruit, or the tree.
- Place full totes in the loading rows for the tractor to pick up.
- Follow the Picking Team Supervisor’s and Field QC teams’ instructions.
- Keep track of your picker tags.
- Keep track of how many totes you have.
- Participate in continuing ladder training and health and safety instruction.
Fruit Picker in Canada Job Qualifications
For the fruit picker Canada Job, the potential employee is required to have the following qualifications:
- Agility, stamina, and the ability to lift 25 pounds on a regular and consistent basis are all required.
- Excellent attention to detail and quality control.
- As needed, able to take instruction from supervisors and management.
- Capable of working for long periods of time while being focused, safe, and professional.
- Must be a flexible team member that thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure workplace.
- Picking experience is beneficial but not necessary; complete instruction is offered.
Also, apply for a Truck Washer Job in the USA.
Over a short period of time, our working environment is incredibly demanding. Applicants should be aware of the following:
Because we work on a farm, our days off may be limited during the picking season.
Picking will begin about 5 a.m. and continue until early afternoon. Pickers will switchh to night shifts once the harvest is complete, starting about midnight and ending early the next morning.
Work hours are determined by crop maturity and weather, not by a calendar.
The number of hours worked every week varies (40-60+).
Applicants must be available from the beginning of July through the beginning of September.
Cooking, washroom, and shower facilities are available in a camping setting. All extra camping and cooking equipment must be provided by the applicant (*Camp fee is $250 per individual for the season).
Be advised that you must be able to live and get along in this tented community with individuals from all over the world.
Pickers are paid by the pound, with an average daily wage of $100-$250 depending on expertise and quality.
Because the work is done outside, it is a good idea to dress in layers to be prepared for the weather.
Also, apply for a Cleaner Job in the USA.
About Jealous Fruits
Jealous Fruits is North America’s northernmost large-scale cherry grower. We farm fine cherries along the shores of Okanagan Lake in British Columbia’s famed Okanagan Valley.
Our cherries are hand-packed in our state-of-the-art facility on our farm and transported to clients all over the world.