To complete a task, every Android device comes with a default application. Read all you need to know about Content://com.android.browser.home/
Google Chrome, for example, is the default browser program on my smartphone.
Surprisingly, on Android smartphones and gadgets, some settings allow you to change the default browser program. We can take a look at one use of the content tweaks: /com.android.browser.home/
Before we delve in on how to use the tweak, let me explain what content://com.android.browser.home is all about.
Also, read Best Sites to Buy Crypto with a Credit Card.
What is content://com.android.browser.home/?
It is a syntax for tweaking the default settings of the features of a web browser application. In simple terms, you can set the default web browser to your taste and specification.
Now that you know what content://com.android.browser.home/ is. We can now move on to the steps on how to use it.
The link only works on the default web browser otherwise an error message will be given. It is advisable to first set the browser as the default browser before using the link to customize its home page.
The initial “content:/” just says that you’re attempting to access content in a certain directory path.
Then there’s “com.android.browser.” This is the Android package that you’re looking for. It’s your default web browser in this scenario.
The extension “home” refers to the Android package’s home directory. It refers to the default browser homepage in this scenario.
Making a web browser application a default browser
You may have a quiet number of web browser applications on your device according to your needs. However, one of these applications will be a default browser. Here we are going to look at how we can use the settings in android to change the default browser.
- Launch the Android Device Settings app.
- Scroll down to find the App Manager (Apps section).
- Tap App Management (App Management) to find the default app settings
- Click the default app settings to see a list of default apps on your smartphone. Browser options appear in this list.
- Click the Browser option and select your installed web browser (preferably Google Chrome) as your default browser. This will set your default web browser and finish the setup.
After these settings, you can then start customizing your default web browser as you wish. However, when you want to start customizing, the home page is the best place for customization.
The “content://com.android.browser.home/” is the broadly utilized option to modify the default internet browser that deals with the greater part of the gadgets regardless of their image and models.
Steps in Using content://com.android.browser.home/
The steps in using “content://com.android.browser.home/” are given below:
- Start your internet browser, which you set as a default internet browser.
- Locate the menu symbol shows up as three spots in the upper right corner.
- Tap on the menu (three spots), it will take you to the settings page.
- Move down and track down the Settings choice, click on it.
- Search for the Android Browser Settings choice where you will see General settings
- On the General settings page, click on \”Set Homepage\”.
- Tapping on the Set Landing page will give you access to input the URL you want to use as the default homepage
- You can now Input the URL address which you need to set as a default landing page.
Voila! You are through and your setting will be saved. You can go back and change the settings later on as you wish.
However, if the above advances did not work for your program, you can go for an elective method for setting the default homepage. The error could be an access problem as the manufacturer may have blocked the access.
There are other alternatives apart from the widely used “content://com.android.browser.home/” settings. Let us explore some of the alternatives.
Using the current tab or page
You can use the current tab or the browser page which you wish to use as your browser’s default homepage. This can be done through the settings section in the browser.
Also, read How to Earn with Google Adsense.
Using your bookmark page
This feature is not available to all browsers. This can also be done in the settings section of the browser.
Look for the bookmark page you want to use in the bookmark section. Long-press on the page and click set as homepage.
Using the Android Web settings
Locate the menu section in your web browser. Click on settings. Click on the Homepage. You have a choice of enabling or disabling the homepage you do so wish. You also have the opportunity to input the URL of the homepage of your choice.
How to remove “content://com.android.browser.home/” settings
The functionality property of android makes it possible to revert the changes made using the “content://com.android.browser.home/” syntax in case you don’t like the settings you made. For the occasion, removing the default browser home page is very simple.
You can carry the action in two ways. The first way will be to repeat the steps involved in using “content://com.android.browser.home/” in the first place. For the last part, clear the URL you input previously and leave the field empty.
The second way will be to clear reset your Android browser which could clean statistics and records in addition to the homepage settings. To do this, follow the steps below
- To reset your browser settings
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Navigate to the Application (Apps) phase and visit all apps.
- Find the internet browser you need to reset and click on it. Click on Force Stop.
- Now click on clear cache and clear statistics/data.
- ·Confirm the conversation container whilst prompted.
Content:/com.android.browser.home/ is a syntax that allows Android users to customize the homepages of their default browsers. Although Android smartphones are fantastic, bloatware can make the user experience rather irritating. Many people are unsure how to approach such matters. A few tech-savvy individuals, on the other hand, know how to breach the code.
You can, however, alter your default browser’s homepage using the content com android browser home URL address. If you realize you’ve made a mistake, you can remove the default home page and edit it to your liking using the same link. You can speed up the procedure by copying the address to your chosen page settings first, then pasting it into the URL bar.
Before you go, read How to Fix “Your Ip Address has been Banned Error”.