When discussing social media marketing, you mention one aspect of digital marketing. For clarification, we can call them digital marketers or social media specialists. Digital marketing encompasses the different marketing aspects concerned with using digital innovations instead of traditional print and non-print media.
We will look at the job description of a social media marketer in this post, which can be used as a guide to creating one for yourself. You can also get an insight on how to write one from ready-made samples and templates available online.
Undoubtedly, we know the impact of a business’s online presence in the present world. A business underperforming in this area is sure to go out of business soon or not have the prowess to rival its competitors in the market. Consequently, social media marketers are in great demand in the industry.
Before we proceed, it is noteworthy to know that you can have different job titles for this position; however, the responsibilities do not change much irrespective of the job title.
Also, check out Jobs for 13-year-olds.
Social Media Marketing
A social media marketer’s role is to use his marketing and social media management abilities to maintain a robust online presence for the company, helping it develop overall brand recognition and revenue.
Responsibilities of a Social Media Marketer
- Develop and conceptualize social media marketing campaigns and plans, including timetables for implementation, money allocation, and content creativity and distribution.
- Grow and diversify the business’s social media presence across new channels while strengthening it on already-existing ones, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Create, publish, and plan interesting written or visual material for e-newsletters, websites, blogs, and social media posts.
- Guarantee brand safety and success, research and follow rivals’ social media activity.
- You can increase brand recognition and safeguard a solid online reputation through consistent interaction and carefully thought-out, timely, accurate, and platform-relevant posts across social media.
- Keep abreast of all company developments through regular communication with teams from marketing, product development, sales, and other departments to ensure brand consistency across all social media communications.
- Engage consumers with material that will convert prospects or followers into buyers and current buyers into social media brand promoters.
- Members of the social media and marketing teams should be instructed on and given guidance regarding the best ways to use social media.
- Investigate and track rivals’ activity to ensure brand success and safety on social media.
- Inform senior marketing manager of the development and progress of all social media activities.
- Support sales by carefully developing leads from social media initiatives.
- Gather and examine information about consumer visits and interactions to provide thorough reports that may be used to enhance subsequent marketing initiatives.
Also, check out The Highest Paying Jobs in Nigeria.
Although we have courses focused on marketing or related to them, the job position is not limited to those that went for the program. Several training and certification programs can help get the basic and advanced knowledge on it and marketing in general. Internships and apprenticeships can also be areas that can help get the ability.
- Bachelor of Science in Public Relations, Marketing, Business.
- Proven job experience as a digital media specialist or in social media marketing
- Superior writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation, and communication abilities
- Knowledge of social analytics tools and demonstrable expertise with social networking
- Sufficient expertise in web development, CRO, and SEO
- Awareness of the leading marketing channels and expertise in internet marketing
- Positive outlook, attention to detail, and customer focus, as well as solid multitasking and organizational skills
- Proficiency in writing and speak in English fluently.
Skills Requirements for Social Media Marketers
- Proficient use of social media sites, especially about consumers, advertising, and branding.
- Good authoring and editing abilities are appropriate for each platform and can write and generate persuasive content for traffic.
- Excellent knowledge of how search engine optimization and algorithms work.
- Authencity and innovation when it comes to generating ideas.
- Good interpersonal and communication abilities for conveying concepts to customers and coworkers.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and networking abilities.
- Organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and handle several tasks. In addition, the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to achieve deadlines, including project and campaign management
- Excellent knowledge of how to read statistics and analyze data
- Ability to relate with the online community and customer service abilities to find a balance between publicity and enticing direct communication with potential and present consumers,
- A keen eye for detail and the capacity to work correctly.
The Work Environment of Social Media Marketers
A social media marketer usually works in an office. Most of their activities are performed on computers and other gadgets, such as analytics, scheduling, meetings, and presentations.
Working Hours for Social Media Marketers
The working hours depend on the nature of the job, whether full-time or part-time. One can also work as a freelance taking up tasks for multiple individuals or companies.
For full-time jobs, the working hours are similar to the operating hours of most office jobs which are often from 9 am to 5:30 pm. However, these are not the definite working hours for all social media marketing positions.
The opening and closing hours depend on the company’s working policy and the priorities of the work or contract, as some jobs may require longer working hours, even on weekends. Freelancers in the field are in direct control of their working schedules and time.
Also, check out Work from Home Jobs for Students.
Salary of Social Media Marketers
The salary differs depending on the geographical location, size of the company, roles, qualifications, years of experience, and other factors.
However, surveys conducted by reliable platforms such as Indeed.com, Payscale, and Glassdoor can help determine salary estimates and comparisons.
According to Glassdoor, the national average salary for social media marketing is $43,321 per year in the United States.
According to Payscale, the salary for a social media marketing jp position falls between ₦99k – ₦2m in Nigeria.
Final Notes on Social Media Marketing Job Description
Social media marketing is one of the relevant jobs and in high demand because social media is one way to expand to reach more audiences. The world is now called the digital world because the world now revolves around the internet.
Before you go, apply for Available Jobs.