Multiple Job Openings for Chefs in Canada. Read the Chefs in Canada job summary, and responsibilities and apply now.
Also, apply for Chef Jobs in Nigeria.
Chefs prepare and cook meals and specialized foods, as well as organize and direct food preparation and culinary tasks. They work in restaurants, hotels, hospitals, and other health-care facilities, as well as central food commissaries, clubs, and other similar businesses, and on ships.
- Plan and direct the food preparation and cooking activities of a group of restaurants, a restaurant chain, a hospital, or other food service organization.
- Consult with clients about weddings, banquets, and other special events.
- Plan meals and make sure the food is up to par.
- Estimate the amount of food you’ll need and the cost of food and labor.
- Oversee the work of sous-chefs, specialty chefs, chefs, and cooks.
- Make arrangements for the acquisition and repair of equipment.
Also, apply for Store Cashier Jobs in Canada.
- Cooking and preparing meals on a regular basis, as well as for special guests or celebrations, is possible.
- Supervise the work of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks, and other kitchen employees.
- Show the kitchen workers how to use new cooking techniques and equipment.
- Menu planning and requisitioning of food and cooking supplies are possible.
- Meals or specialty cuisine may be prepared and cooked.
- Prepare and cook whole meals or specialty foods such as pastries, sauces, soups, salads, vegetables, meat, poultry, and fish dishes, as well as make decorative food displays for special events like banquets.
- Instruct cooks on how to prepare, cook, garnish, and present food.
- Make new dishes.
- May prepare menus and supervise cooks and other culinary employees
- Food and cooking supplies may be requisitioned.
- Post-secondary education is required, which can be obtained through a community college, technical school, culinary arts school, or four-year university; brand certification is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of food service management or supervision experience is required.
- Serve Safe Management certification training is required.
- Demonstrates team management, delegating, problem-solving, coaching, and motivational skills, as well as the capacity to act as a change agent.
- Requires the ability to speak, read, and grasp directions, short communications, and policy documents, as well as talk comfortably with persons.
Before you go, apply for more Jobs in Canada.