Multiple Job Openings for Accountants in the United Kingdom. Read the Accountant job summary, and responsibilities and apply now.
Also, apply for Accountant Jobs in Nigeria.
Accountants in the United Kingdom Job Summary
The accountant will collaborate closely with colleagues in Finance and Research and Enterprise Services (RES), as well as senior professionals, such as Principal Investigators and the Head of Research Services.
The Finance Business Partner will be the person in charge of this position. For a portfolio of Schools, the position holder will provide an effective and efficient support function on all post-award accounting problems. Internally and internationally financed grants and contracts will be included.
Candidates with strong project accounting experience for a diverse range of projects, notably research grants or contracts, are encouraged to apply. An understanding of management accounting, as well as a comprehension of accounting standards, would help build the foundation of project accounting.
- From the acceptance of the award until the receiving of final payments and closure, you are responsible for the financial administration and accounting of all research projects.
- External funding sources, particularly the EU and research councils, are consulted to ensure that all projects are delivered in compliance with their specifications.
Also, apply for Data Analyst Jobs in the United Kingdom.
- Supporting Principal Investigators and other stakeholders with all aspects of research accounting
- Creating and delivering financial statements and reports to schools, donors, and grantors in accordance with their needs and financing agreements.
- Assuring the accuracy of budgets and anticipated outcomes, as well as their integration into the university’s overall planning process.
- A broad understanding of accounting with specific project accounting experience for a diverse portfolio, ideally research grants, contracts, or other external funding
- AAT or other accounting qualification is required, as well as experience working in a big finance team and knowledge of financial systems, ideally Agresso.
- The capacity to communicate successfully with all levels of University staff as well as with the general public.
- The ability to apply rules and regulations to a variety of situations
- Self-starter with the capacity to prioritize a big portfolio of assignments with a high degree of numeracy and attention to detail (approx. 300)
Before you go, apply for More Jobs in the United Kingdom.