Multiple Firefighter Jobs in Germany are available. Read the Firefighter job summary, qualifications, and responsibilities and apply now.
Also, apply for Firefighter Jobs in South Africa.
Firefighter Jobs in Germany Summary
As a Firefighter, you will carry out entry-level firefighting tasks such as the safe and effective operation of Fire and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) apparatus and equipment and render medical care at the level of a basic emergency medical care technician.
Also, to carry out fire-suppression activities, conducts pre-emergency analysis, maintains equipment and grounds, carries out public education in fire prevention, and takes part in the physical fitness program.
The task is done in shifts and in line with written instructions and a clearly laid out schedule. The ordinary and special upkeep of tools, machinery, and buildings takes a lot of time. Typically, work is carried out closely supervised and is subject to inspection by a fire lieutenant or fire captain.
- Responds to and takes part in crises involving hazardous materials, firefighting, medical emergencies, vehicle extrication, and technical rescue.
- Safely operates and drives specialized equipment such as fire trucks, ladder trucks, large rescue squads, medical units, and other vehicles.
- Maintains proper pressure in supply lines, attack lines, master streams, foam devices, fire protection systems, and aerial ladder devices while supplying water from hydrants and stationary water sources.
- SCBA use, forcible entry, ventilation, ground ladder deployment, utility control, elevator rescue, search and rescue, railroad and metro emergencies, natural disasters, terrorism and WMD responses, portable radio communication, and handling detection and suppression systems are all covered in training and drills.
Also, apply for Painting Jobs in Germany.
- The upkeep and inventory of required materials.
- Acquires and keeps the up-to-date computer and technology-related abilities, as well as the necessary local, state, and federal certifications.
- Attends the classes/courses that the city requires.
- Maintains familiarity with the region’s target hazards, which may include high-risk areas like nursing homes, assisted living facilities, special needs facilities, schools, hospitals, government buildings, commercial establishments (such as ethanol plants), water treatment facilities, and historic structures.
- Maintains familiarity with local building features, including as access, security, suppression, and detection systems, as well as building construction and water supply.
- Carries out public relations maintenance through station tours, community and city events, school visits, smoke alarm installations, and public education initiatives.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of application, possess a valid driver’s license, and have a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- The National Registry Paramedic (NRP)-certified candidates will be hired as Firefighter Is and paid an annual salary of $53,535.56. Upon verification of Virginia certification eligibility/reciprocity, the NRP candidate will be eligible for a lump sum incentive of $5,000.00. Once they start session 2 of the ALS Internship program, NRP candidates will start getting a $10,000 incentive every year.