This article highlights some of the jobs you can do with a business degree. Also, it gives a brief description of these jobs and their salaries.
What is a Business Degree?
A business degree is one of the most adaptable and widely applicable forms of education that focuses on knowledge in the following areas: administration, sales, management, finance, research, analytics, and marketing. Business degrees advance your career options because they apply to almost every field of business.
Jobs You Can Do with a Business Degree
There are several areas a business degree can get you a job. Sales, public relations, finance, management, and accounting are some areas where you can get a job with a business degree.
Listed below are some jobs you can do with a business degree.
- Marketing Managers
- Business Analyst
- Operations Research Analyst
- Financial Manager
Also, apply for Salesforce Developer Jobs in the United Kingdom.
Fundraisers are strategic business experts who use events to seek funds and sponsorship from prospective wealthy individuals or establishments.
Aside from business skills, a fundraiser must be persuasive enough to pool funds for the intended purpose. In addition, the fundraisers must have good organization skills to organize the events to meet the standards.
What do fundraisers do?
The following are expected of a fundraiser.
- Make findings on potential donors.
- Create a persuasive fundraising pitch that will appeal to potential contributors and other parties involved in the event
- Find and make contact with possible donors.
- Adopt digital space to source for potential donors to increase the outreach and the accumulated funds.
- Create campaigns or events to raise money
- Keep donor information records.
- Collect reports on charities and other fundraising events organized.
- Develop strategic means for getting a better organization of fundraising events
- Ensure the legal practices for the process of fundraising are not unlawful.
As a fundraiser, you can choose to be a specialist in some areas rather than a generalist. The areas of specialization for a fundraiser include:
- Capital Campaign Fundraising
- Planned-gift Fundraising
- Annual Campaign Fundraising
- Major-gift Fundraising
How much do fundraisers earn?
Fundraisers earn a sum of $51,296 in a year following the salary survey conducted by Payscale.
Generally, marketing managers are a marketing team’s head or supervisory head. They develop and execute marketing methods and ideas from start to finish.
With good leadership and organization skills, it is expected of a marketing manager to develop consistent marketing structures in line with what a brand represents. In addition, a marketing manager should be firm with knowledge in business skills and equally creative.
What do marketing managers do?
- Oversee marketing plans and tactics aimed at the promotion of the business.
- Approve the best marketing ideas generated by the marketing team and see to executing those ideas.
- Try out several organic and paid acquisition methods.
- Conduct performance analysis of the marketing team and the strategies
- Draft reports on every stage of the marketing journey
- Create promotional marketing strategies to reach a wider audience and retain existing customers.
- Create strategic alliances with important industry players, agencies, and suppliers.
- Assist with budget planning and allocation.
- Conduct budget analysis to help allocate finances needed for the marketing team and activities attached.
How much do Marketing Managers Earn?
For a marketing manager, the average salary is $112,570, and the total pay falls between $98,750 to $129,204, as per reports from salary.com.
Also, check out The Jobs you can get with a Kinesiology Degree.
Business analysts are experts who analyze an organization’s operations and make tangible changes for a business to help them seize opportunities that will improve the organization’s business performance.
What do Business Analysts Do?
- Analyze business procedures, identify areas for development, and make recommendations on the major and minor areas that need improvement. Also, they are responsible for generating foresight ideas that will improve the company in the long run.
- Stay updated on the most recent developments in IT and the business world to help revitalize the mode of operation in the company.
- Schedule meetings with the key players and business executives to communicate their ideas, recommendations, and findings
- Provide helpful reports after engaging with numerous parties and gathering important information.
- Conduct intensive and extensive research on the internal and external business of the organization.
- Advocate for training that helps create positive direction for the workflow designs of the employees.
- Assist in resource allocation and selection of cost-effective business methods.
- Ensure the solutions correspond with the business’s demands, objectives, and needs.
How much do Business Analysts Earn?
According to Payscale, a business analyst can make $63,785 annually.
Operations Research Analyst
Operation research works with data to gather relevant data that will be useful in developing and implementing critical solutions to problems relating to business and other fields that deal with data. They use statistical models, methods, logic, and necessary thinking skills to deduce feasible solutions from the data set.
What Do Operations Research Analysts Do?
- Obtain information from present operational systems and conduct data analysis to create decision assistance software.
- Interview staff members to deduce suggestions that can help solve operational challenges.
- Use statistical or computer simulations to observe the issues, create analysis techniques, and provide workable solutions.
- Develop problem-solving strategies by defining data needs, collecting and validating information, and using judgment and statistical tests.
- Adopt the best mathematical models to represent possible and current operational issues.
- Experiment with a series of tests to verify the methods and solutions’ accuracy.
- Assist in the decision-making process of the business organisation.
- Create detailed reports of observations and recommendations.
How much do Operation Research Analysts Earn?
As reported by Glassdoor, the average salary for an operation research analyst is $95,249 per year.
Also, check out Career Opportunities in Human Resource Management.
Financial managers are financial experts who help develop plans and strategies, manage investments, and provide financial reports for the long-term financial advantage of a company or organization.
- Research the business’s financial position and provide the management with detailed reports on key findings and recommendations.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies the company should take to improve or solidify its financial position depending on its financial health.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Assist the management with budget preparation and planning.
- Ensure the company’s finances are adequately monitored to eliminate discrepancies and foul plays.
How Much do Financial Managers Earn?
According to the accumulated data on salaries from Indeed.com, the average salary of a financial manager is $103,097 per year.
Final Notes on Jobs You Can Do with a Business Degree and their Salaries
One approach to making progress in finance, business, and management is earning a degree in business. Does a business degree pay off? For those still wondering, I can reassure you that it is worthwhile because so many professional options are open to you.
Before you go, apply for Available Jobs.