This article provides a list of Jobs with a Degree in Kinesiology. Also, it gives a description of these jobs and their salaries.
What is Kinesiology about?
Kinesiology is a field of study that primarily focuses on how different bodily movements impact a person’s health in general. It divides into sections to explore the foundations of human physiology.
Jobs with a Degree in Kinesiology
You can work in fields including healthcare, sports, rehabilitation, and wellness with a degree in kinesiology. You learn about a handful of the occupations in the post that you may obtain with a bachelor’s, associate’s, Ph.D., or master’s degree.
Listed below are the jobs with a degree in Kinesiology.
- Fitness/Gym Instructor
- Rehabilitation Therapist
- Athletic Trainer
- Sport Physician
Also, check out Travel Nurse Jobs in the United Kingdom.
Where can you work with a Kinesiology Degree?
As stated earlier, kinesiology is a broad field of study and a versatile one which makes it a good course to study. The following are a few of the places where one can work with a degree in kinesiology.
- Community health center
- Mental wellness clinics
- Rehabilitation centers
- Medicine consultancy agencies
- Nursing homes for the elderly
- Fitness centers
- Private and Public Universities
- Public health centers
A fitness instructor as the name suggests instructs, motivates, and supervises a group of individuals on the exercise and fitness routines that will help keep their bodies in shape or according to their fitness goals.
Also, they offer individualized fitness instruction and personal training based as required by the client.
What do Fitness Instructors do
- Plan and oversee the fitness regimen of their clients. They assess their progress and ensure that follow through with the program.
- Ensure that the exercise regimens and health promotion initiatives follow the industry standards and are not dangerous to the health conditions of their clients.
- Assist clients with safe exercise techniques and accurate body positioning.
- Uphold company standards for providing exceptional customer service.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment for exercising are kept in a secure and functional state.
According to Salary.com, the average salary of a fitness instructor falls at $44,027 from their salary survey research.
Rehabilitation specialists assist patients in overcoming the injury phase that caused them to be reliant on certain aids (such as wheelchairs and crutches) for carrying out everyday tasks.
They provide medical care, advice, and emotional support to patients up until they return to normal or improve from their initial ailments.
What do Rehabilitation Therapists do?
- Offer encouragement and support to their clients undergoing rehabilitation programs with them.
- Consult with other specialists, such as doctors, therapists, and psychologists in the treatment of the patients.
- Sensitize society on the best way to care for those who disabilities or recovering from such conditions that hamper some of their abilities.
- Assist clients in recognizing their talents and overcoming their limitations
- Help recommend tools and equipment that will aid patients through the phase of rehabilitation or with a disability condition.
- Keep track of client progress and maintain client records, making any adjustments to the rehabilitation or treatment plan.
Zippia puts the average salary of a rehabilitation therapist at $67,752 per year.
Kinesiologists study how health conditions can be improved by careful study of the imbalances caused by muscle movement. They help to treat the mental, physical, and emotional state of an individual just by understanding human body movements.
What do Kinesiologists do
- Observe and research ways the overall health conditions can be improved through proper working out of the muscular movement.
- Perform muscular disorders treatments.
- Teach patients about motor learning abilities especially people with neurological and motor disorders.
- Create rehabilitation plans to treat patients with movement impairments.
- Set up senior mobility and exercise programs according to the patient’s needs.
- Sensitize patients on how to manage pain, avoid injury, and improve mobility with exercises, stretches, or treatment.
Also, check out The Types of Mechanical Engineering Jobs and their Salaries.
From the data acquired by Payscale, the average salary of a kinesiologist is $50203 annually.
Athletic trainers work with athletics to ensure that they follow the best practices when it comes to exercise and diet to recover from injuries or prevent one.
What do Athletic Trainers do?
- Plan an exercise and diet routine.
- Assist athletes, coaches, and family members with setting health and fitness goals.
- Train athletes according to the needs required for them to recover.
- Use sports-related knowledge to diagnose and treat athletes.
- Refer athletes to a different doctor if the need arises.
- Assisting injured players and monitoring their progress as they recover.
- Keep track of an athlete’s training schedule, diet, and treatment regimen.
An athletic trainer can make up to $44,734 on average in a year according to Payscale.
Sports physicians are specialized physicians whose area of study is sports; they conduct medical services for sportsmen to help them with staying fit healthwise and recover from injuries and the occurrence can be avoided through recommended health practices.
What Do Sports Physicians do?
- Provide thorough evaluations and care for sports- or activity-related injuries.
- Utilize manual methods to both prevent and cure musculoskeletal problems.
- Provide advice and education to players about their injuries.
- Counsel sportsmen on the mental techniques that help them with psychological problems during their injury phase,
- Give dietary recommendations to help in the healing process.
- Keep accurate records of all medical care information.
- Assess athletes to ascertain their propensity for injury before the competition.
- Educate and guide coaches and trainers about athletes’ medical conditions.
According to payscale, the average salary of a sports physician is $184,153 annually.
Dietitians are specialized medical experts that assist patients to create meal plans to address nutritional deficits and issues they may be experiencing. Additionally, they assist patients with a range of severe conditions with the dietary component of their treatment plans.
What do Dietitians do?
- Guide patients on the right lifestyle and dietary choices can improve the health of patients with diet-related diseases
- Provide patient-centered treatment in group sessions to patient groups or other healthcare professionals
- Collaborate with the patient and multidisciplinary team on the treatment of their patient
- Educate the public about the importance of diet and nutrition for health and wellbeing.
- Provide dietary support to patients after they have been released from the hospital, coordinating with hospital staff and outside agencies.
The average salary of a dietitian is $100,962 every year following the salary survey from Glassdoor.
Final Notes on Jobs with a Degree in Kinesiology and their Salaries
Kinesiology degrees are not useless because several occupations may be obtained by those who hold them. Careers in sports, medicine, education, nutrition, and public health are made possible by this discipline.
Before you go, apply for Available Jobs.