This article provides a list of Jobs in Australia for Immigrants. Also, it gives a description of each job and their salaries.
Australia, located in the southern hemisphere, is a nation endowed with a tranquil atmosphere and a high standard of life. It may be a small continent, but it is not minor in terms of how solid its economy is. It could be challenging to enter Australia, but I assure you that it is worthwhile.
In the article, foreign nationals interested in employment prospects can find a list of positions they can apply for.
Jobs in Australia for Immigrants
Listed below are Some Jobs in Australia for Immigrants.
- Secondary School Teacher
- Registered Nurse
- Construction Manager
- Management Consultant
A Plumber is a professional that handles the plumbing systems of a building, whether it is a commercial or residential building. They manage the installation and the repairs of the components in the buildings.
Also, check out How to Apply for Jobs in Canada from UAE.
According to Ibisworld, the market size of the plumbing business in Australia is worth 18 billion dollars, with over 28,355 companies available. The industry employment stands at 65,900, with 90,000 plumbers in Australia in 2020, according to Joboutlook.
Roles and Responsibilities of Plumber
The roles and responsibilities of a plumber include;
- Understanding the layout of plumbing, waste disposal, and water supply systems by reading blueprints and drawings
- Assemble and install pipes and tubes per existing infrastructure
- The installation and maintenance of water supply systems
- Identify and fix issues with water supply lines.
- Fix clogged drains, faucets, and drainage lines that are broken.
- The installation and maintenance of liquid and gas heating systems.
- Set up a waste disposal system and a sanitary system
Specializations areas in plumbing
There are generalist plumbers; we have other areas one can specialize in as an area of focus. The following are the areas:
- Home appliance repairers/installers.
- Hot water system installers.
- Solar hot water installers.
- Solar panel installers.
- Water treatment plant operators.
- Roof plumbers.
One of the ways you can become a plumber is through apprenticeship. You can also learn basic and advanced knowledge on plumbing through the vocation training program.
How Much Do Plumbers Make in Australia
According to Payscale, the average salary of a plumber in Australia in a year is AU$67,989. Jora.com puts the average income between $50,000 to $90,000 per year.
Secondary School Teachers
Secondary School Teachers teach students that fall on a particular subject area in secondary schools. Most of the students they teach fall between the ages of 11 to 18. They nurture their student’s academic and personal growth.
Roles and Responsibilities of Secondary School Teachers
- Plan and present lessons to classes
- Grade assignments, provide pertinent criticism, and track students’ growth and development.
- Create and compose new curricular materials while researching related fields and keeping current on academic topics.
- Choose and employ various educational tools and materials, such as podcasts and interactive whiteboards.
- Prepare students for certifications, exams, and competitions(external and internal)
- Control student behavior in the classroom and on school grounds, and take appropriate and effective action.
- Communicate with other education experts to develop best practices to teach students.
- Oversee and help to guide assistants, student teachers, and freshly licensed teachers in their job.
- Organize and take part in extracurricular activities, including social gatherings, outings, and other events
To become a secondary school teacher, you need at least on bachelor’s degree in the area or relevant fields you want to teach, and a good teacher training program will suffice to make one qualify for a teaching job.
How Much do Secondary School Teachers Make in Australia
According to Payscale, the average base salary of a secondary school teacher in Australia is AU$74,020.
Also, check out Nursing Jobs that Pay the Most.
Patients who are unwell or injured can receive healthcare services from registered nurses. Furthermore, they inform individuals about the fundamental steps they may take to enhance their health, guard against illness and injury, and raise awareness of diseases.
Roles and Responsibilities of Registered Nurses
- Keep accurate, thorough reports on the patient’s medical histories.
- Administer drugs for patients
- Recommend therapies and auxiliary medical equipment.
- Observe and keep the health data and vital signs of the patient.
- Order clinical and diagnostic tests in medicine.
- Keep track of, report, and document symptoms or adjustments in a patient’s health.
- Give injections to patients.
- Collaborate with healthcare team members.
- Adjust medical treatment regimens for patients as indicated by their conditions and responses
According to au.indeed.com, the average annual salary of a Registered Nurse in Australia is AUS$79593.
It is up to construction managers to coordinate and supervise the construction of buildings that will be used for residential, commercial, industrial, and public purposes, such as bridges, factories, and office buildings.
As the building process proceeds, schedules and budgets are monitored at every step, from conception to completion.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Construction Managers
- Oversee the logistics requirements and cost of the project alongside the logistic managers in some cases.
- Conduct delegation of tasks for different sections and units involved in the project
- Attend meetings with business executives, engineers, and other stakeholders.
- Define goals, duties, and obligations for all employees under supervision
- Review timelines, spending, labor, risk, and project plan regularly to ensure work stays on schedule.
- Participate in the project as part of the budget planning committee. Vet each request for the project before approval.
- Ensure the staff complies with the health and safety standards to prevent uneventful hazards.
- Anticipate any problems that pertain to the project and address them accordingly.
- Ensure the completion of high-quality work within the agreed-upon deadlines
How much does a construction manager earn in Australia?
According to Payscale, the average salary of a construction manager in Australia is AU$111,166.
Management consultants help manage the business, providing solutions to the company’s anticipated and existing problems. The main goal of a management consultant is to maximize the available resources to create growth and profit.
Roles and Responsibilities of Management Consultants
- Learn about the client’s technological challenges and business requirements; conduct interviews with company personnel.
- Examine client company internal data, such as financial statements, payroll data, or existing computer systems.
- Define the project’s scope, then list the timing, milestones, and resources needed to complete it to satisfy its goals.
- Create and implement communications with senior stakeholders, staff, and the organization’s internal and external project teams.
How much do Management Consultants make in Australia?
According to Payscale, the average salary of a management consultant is AU$90,605 per year.
Final Notes on Jobs in Australia for Immigrants
Australia has one of the most significant economies to aspire for, making it one of the best locations to live and earn. Given that the unemployment rate was 3.9 percent as of May, one of the ideal factors for immigration is the country’s employment rate.
Before you go, apply for Available Jobs.