Ongoing Recruitment for Construction safety officers in Canada. Read the Construction safety job summary, and responsibilities and apply now.
Also, apply for Construction Safety Officer Jobs in Nigeria.
Construction Safety Officers in Canada Job Summary
From acquisition, planning, and design to building, sales, and marketing, our client collaborates with construction companies across the asset development spectrum.
The division has developed a reputation for paying attention to the needs of its customers, staff, and community members and responding in a way that benefits all parties involved.
When assembling the Health and Safety Team, the Health and Safety Officer will play a crucial role. The Health and Safety Officer will track training, chair JHSC meetings, conduct inspections, give toolbox talks, and be at ease participating in meetings with stakeholders and clients because they have two years of experience in a health and safety context.
- Perform monthly health and safety inspections at different construction sites, record the findings, and distribute the documentation to the safety representative, the corporate office, and the site superintendents/administrators.
- Verify workplaces to make sure that tools, supplies, and manufacturing procedures don’t put workers or the general public at risk for injury or illness.
- Review the content of the present safety policies and procedures and offer suggestions.
- Create a safety program for construction sites, implement it, and keep it up to date. This program can include hazardous chemical programs, safe operating procedures, training, and development, etc.
Also, apply for Car Wash Jobs in Canada.
- Make sure that all emergency supplies and gear are available, placed correctly, and maintained.
- Enroll in the WSIB’s workplace excellence program, and make sure the program is carried out in accordance with its requirements to qualify for a rebate.
- Meetings with the JHSC, lead safety meetings, training sessions, and toolbox discussions
- Keep track of and observe new hires, ensuring proper safety documentation.
- initiate enforcement measures, such as disciplinary measures for those who violate company policies, and for those who violate local, provincial, or federal laws.
- Develop replies to the JHSC recommendations in collaboration with senior management.
- Working at Heights, Health and Safety Awareness, and WHMIS training is possible.
- OHSA expertise and two years of experience as a health and safety officer or coordinator
- Valid Driver’s license and availability of a trustworthy vehicle
- Self-starter with excellent time and organizational skills
- strong communication skills, both in writing and speaking
- the capacity to collaborate across managerial levels
- a college diploma or a bachelor’s degree in health and safety
- Multitaskers have the capacity to solve problems
Also, check out How People Can Make their Own Jobs.