This article provides a list of Information Technology Jobs. Also, it gives a brief description of these jobs and their salaries.
What is Information Technology
According to Webopedia, information technology refers to all layers of systems within a business, including the physical hardware and operating systems, applications, databases, storage, and servers.
The information technology infrastructure of a company also includes telecommunications technologies like the internet, mobile phones, and cellular networks.
Information Technology Jobs
Many jobs are available in the information technology industry, but we will mention a few in this article. Listed below are some information technology Jobs.
- Network Engineer
- Database Administrator
- IT Support Specialist
- System Analyst
- IT Technician
- Quality Assurance Tester
Also, check out Salesforce Developer Jobs in the USA.
An organization’s network system infrastructure is designed, configured, installed, tested, and repaired by a network engineer. They set up the network’s hardware, software, and device components, ensuring high performance effectively for the purposes the company has for them.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Network Engineer
- Install and configure routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPNs, quality of service, and other network equipment in a company.
- Every so often, do updates and maintenance on the network system.
- Make that the established system fulfills its function and performs as expected.
- Carry out troubleshooting to assist in identifying or preventing system flaws.
- Work within the parameters of the configuration and change management guidelines to guarantee that network infrastructure modifications are known about, approved, and successful.
- Choose and practice the appropriate strategy to guarantee the security and privacy of the data transmitted over the network.
- Attend to network users’ concerns about issues and flaws harming the system.
- Replace any hardware or software network system components that are malfunctioning.
- They manage the network infrastructure.
- Ensure the network systems’ data are adequately backed up and accessible during a network breakdown.
- Use master consoles to keep an eye on the computer and network performance.
A network’s average annual income is close to $91,036. According to Indeed.com, this is the yearly salary.
An organization’s database administrator is responsible for maintaining the system. They ensure the data is stored accurately, secured, and can be accessed when needed.
- Build sophisticated database systems for users and organizations per their needs, spending limits, and goals.
- Define users and enable the proper user’s quick, accurate, and relevant data distribution.
- Create and construct a system that is dependable when it comes to backup and recovery procedures.
- Create database systems that respond to queries quickly.
- Manage the end-users training in the database system’s fundamentals and more sophisticated features.
- Follow the correct procedures following the industry standards code and the corporate rules that have been established.
- Conduct regular testing and reviews to assure data integrity, privacy, and security.
- Consider the system’s performance rating and make any necessary changes.
- Streamline the logical design to make it compatible with a specific data model.
- Choose the optimal physical design to meet the storage needs.
- New database management system iterations should be installed and tested (DBMS)
- To prevent unwanted access, set up a secure authorization system.
- Create, oversee, and test backup and recovery strategies
- Work with database programmers, IT project managers, and other team members who have direct or indirect involvement with the system.
- Deal with circumstances where the system’s data is compromised.
- Update on the most recent technology developments in database management.
IT Support Specialist
IT support specialists handle users’ grievances on technical issues centered around the technology used in an organization.
Roles and Responsibilities of support specialist
- Contact clients by phone, email, or chat to resolve complaints and requests. When dealing with customers, support specialists must conduct themselves appropriately.
- Determine client wants and assist customers in cases they have problems.
- Investigate and report product issues
- Create a report of the frequent and significant issues gathered from customers’ petitions and complaints.
- Use social media as a means to attend to users’ problems.
- Share with the team feature requests and workarounds that work.
- Inform clients of new capabilities and features.
- Conduct follow-up action on customer requests to ensure they are duly addressed.
- Prepare a record of customer input that would benefit the product development, sales, and marketing departments.
- Assist in training newly recruited customer service agents who do not have much experience in the field.
Also, check out How to Apply for Jobs in the USA from India.
According to Payscale, the average salary of an IT support specialist is $51,492 annually.
A system analyst is responsible for understanding the requirements and using them to develop new systems or upgrade existing systems. One of a systems analyst’s responsibilities is examining current IT systems, including hardware, software, and network characteristics.
Roles and Responsibilities of System Analyst
- Identify the needs of the system by interacting with management and staff.
- Fix any problems with existing systems by developing new ones.
- Analyze each suggested upgrade’s cost-benefit.
- Put your idea into action by collaborating with the IT staff.
- Conduct tests on the new systems to ensure they function correctly.
- Inform all stakeholders of achievements and setbacks.
- Develop training procedures and documentation to guide others in using the new system.
- Update your knowledge of information systems regularly.
- Ensure that all financial and time restrictions are satisfied.
According to Payscale, the average salary of a system analyst is $68,149. per year.
IT technician handles the repair of the hardware and software components of computers and other computer-related devices in an organization.
Roles and Responsibilities of an IT Technician
- Create workstations with PCs and other required peripherals (routers, printers, etc.)
- Install and set up the necessary programs and features following the requirements
- Create and maintain local networks with performance optimization in mind
- Ensure the networks and computer systems are secure and private.
- Users should receive orientation and instruction on using new software and computer hardware.
- Organize maintenance and updates so that others can complete their tasks without being interfered with.
- Troubleshoot issues to identify and fix them (repair or replace parts, debugging, etc.)
- Keep a record of the fixes you make and the maintenance schedule.
- Determine any shortages of computer or network equipment and place requests.
According to Glassdoor, the average salary of an IT technician in a year is $68,608 per year.
Quality Assurance Tester
Quality assurance tester ensures that software is ready to be marketable and free from bugs and glitches by testing them before they are launched.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Quality Assurance Tester
- Review and assessment of the system need to gather the necessary information.
- Perform both manual and automated test cases, assess the results, and Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to develop effective test strategies
- After a release or testing, a review of the product code concerning the requirements.
- Keep logs to document the testing process and any issues.
According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a quality assurance tester is $46,585 per year.
Final Notes on Information Technolgy Jobs and their Salaries
IT is gradually revolutionizing the world, touching every aspect of human activity, including business, sports, schools, and medicine. There are many benefits to those who are interested in the industry or interested in it.
Before you go, apply for Available Jobs.