This article explains how to apply for jobs in the United States of America from India. Also, it describes available visa categories in the United States.
Why People choose to work in the USA
The economy of the USA is one of the top economies in the world as of now. It is a developed country with plenty of job opportunities. These are significant reasons why most immigrants move to America to look for greener pastures.
In addition to the viable economy and the abundance of job opportunities available in the country, the American Dream culture is another reason people want to work there. Most people love to experience the culture firsthand.
Also, check out Career Opportunities in Morgan Stanley in the United Kingdom.
How can Indians apply for jobs in the USA?
Interested natives of India can apply for jobs of their interest in the USA. It is possible and involves following through with the proper procedures.
As an Indian, you will find the necessary steps for applying for jobs in the U.S.
First Step: Do your research
You should get at least a hint of what kinds of jobs you can apply for, if not a fundamental understanding. There are factors to consider such as age, qualification, health, competition, salary, job outlook, skill set required, and many more.
This action will help one to have an overview of the expectations attached to the job and if the job is worthwhile.
Researching the company and the industry is easy to do with the Internet. You get to obtain tangible information on the background of the company or the employer.
Furthermore, you can also seek professional advice by consulting recruitment agencies for background information on the company and the expectations attached to the roles available.
For those who need platforms to search for jobs in the USA. Following is a list of reliable platforms.
- The Muse
Also, check out the Highest Paying Jobs in the UK without a Degree.
Step 2: Create a Resume
Once you get to see the jobs that are your match, you need to prepare a well-drafted resume for the application process.
You can consult professionals or do it yourself if you are capable enough. In addition to your resume, you must also write a cover letter.
Step 3: Apply for Visa
You can choose between applying for a permanent or temporary work visa. However, getting a permanent residency visa in the USA does not come easily.
However, there are certain situations where you can be granted a permanent residency visa (green card).
The criteria include the following:
- An immigrant can be granted a permanent visa if such person possesses exceptional talent in the arts, sciences, business, and other fields.
- An immigrant employee pursuing a national interest waiver and working in a field that necessitates a graduate degree can also be granted.
- Another way is if the immigrant worker is a skilled immigrant whose position requires at least two years of work experience or has a bachelor’s degree.
- Finally, you can also apply for jobs where the employer or company will sponsor your visa.
However, you can get a temporary visa which will be renewed periodically, depending on the nature of the visa. There are different categories of temporary visas; each differs from catheter depending on the renewal period and coverage.
Categories of Temporary Visa
Listed below are the Categories of Temporary Visas in the united states
HB-1 Visa is a temporary visa for those that work in a special field that requires a degree.
For you to be eligible:
- An employee in the USA must offer you a job. The job must be an area of specialty.
- Proof of bachelor’s degree in your area of specialization.
- There should be proof that an American cannot fill the vacant job position; that is, a USA citizen applies for the job or has the necessary ability to fill the position.
Another vital piece of information on HB-1 Visa is the HB-1 Visa Cap.
You will need to register with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and await your approval before you begin working.
Due to the high demand for this visa, a limited number of visas may be awarded each year. As of now, the amount is 65,000 every year.
In addition to the assigned yearly cap, master’s degree students have the opportunity of 20,000 slots made available for them. Furthermore, you are entitled to this offer too if you have a higher degree compared to a master’s degree.
Furthermore, the additional slots are not for those working for a non-profit organization or the research department of an organization or institution.
Also, check out How to Apply for Jobs in Canada from the UAE.
A temporary visa is given to those applying for seasonal jobs. Most of the jobs available are agricultural works.
For one to be eligible for an H-2A visa,
- Offer a temporary or seasonally based position.
- There aren’t enough Americans capable, willing, accessible, and qualified to perform the temporary labor.
- Vouch for the hiring of H-2A employees won’t harm the pay and working conditions of similarly employed Americans.
In general, include an H-2A petition and a single, current temporary work certification from the U.S. Department of Labor. For an H-2A visa, the maximum number of years is three.
The purpose of this visa is to allow businesses with offices abroad to send employees down to their American locations. For such workers, the employer will apply for a visa. Without having an office in the USA, the employer can still apply for the visa. They do this to assist in opening a new office in the USA.
- An employer or organization must meet specific requirements when applying for an L-1A visa. A qualified organization’s parent firm, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate must have a qualifying connection to a foreign business
- The employer must conduct active business in the United States and at least one other country during the beneficiary’s L-1 visa-sponsored stay in the United States. It can either be done directly or via a qualified organization. The company is not necessary to be involved in foreign trade; nonetheless, it must be a profitable corporation.
In addition, the employee must fulfill specific requirements as stated below.
Before admission to the United States, an applicant must have worked for a qualifying organization overseas for one full year. It is also necessary for them to seek entry into the country to serve as an executive or manager for a branch of their current employer or one of its qualifying organizations.
Also, the maximum number of years for an L-1A visa application is three.
Final Notes on How to Apply for Jobs in the United States of America from India
The USA presents many opportunities for job hunters, especially foreigners, due to the viable economy. The article covers ways a person from India can secure jobs in the USA from India.
Before you go, apply for Available Jobs.