This article provides a list of the highest paying jobs in the computer field. Also, it provides a description of these jobs and the salaries they earn.
One of the promising industries where jobs are readily available with or without a computer science degree is the one involving computers. It is also a field where you can make a lot of money. The sector is large, though, and there is potential for personal growth.
The study of computers and their operations, including software and hardware designs, real-world applications, and social effects, is known as computer science. You might think about pursuing a career in computer science if you have good analytical, problem-solving, and programming skills.
This article will examine the highest-paying positions in the world of computers and the required skillsets for you to excel in the field.
Highest Paying Jobs in the Computer Field
Listed below are the highest paying jobs in the computer field.
- Cyber Security Engineer
- UX Designer
- Cloud Solutions Architect
- Programmer Analyst
Cyber Security Engineer
Cyber Security engineers are professionals who use computer skills to set up security mechanisms against malicious access to networks, data, and software. They are essential to protect the integrity and confidentiality of data in the database systems, networks, and software.
Also, check out Online Jobs that Pay Well.
Roles and Responsibilities of Cyber Security Engineer
Conducting troubleshooting to identify loopholes in the security mechanisms of the database system and software.
- Perform routine penetration testing to validate the authenticity of the security systems set-up.
- Ensure that the security systems are set up in compliance with the security standards.
- Attending to all threats and security breaches to protect against data theft and destruction.
- Collaboration with relevant departments on how to maintain and improve security systems.
The skillset required of a cybersecurity engineer are:
- Understanding of firewall and intrusion prevention protocols.
- Proficiency in the use of database systems such as MySQL.
- Excellent in how operating systems and networking works.
- Ability to create secure network architectures.
- Excellent use of programming languages and good coding skills.
- Good collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in ethical hacking.
According to the Payscale salary survey, the average salary of an entry-level cyber security expert is $78,185. As more experiences are garnered, the average wage falls between $85,109 to $126,470.
UX designers are professionals whose expertise is used in creating digital products that are usable, accessible, and still do not lose their functionality. The main goal is to ensure end-users have a wonderful experience while interacting with the websites and apps.
Roles and Responsibilities of a UX designer
They conduct quantitative and qualitative research to understand the relevant needs of the users.
- Analyze the research findings to draw tangible information for the product’s design.
- Create sitemaps and determine the information architecture.
- Perform Usability testing before the product launch or after adding new features.
- Create user Persona, user stories, and user Journeys from the research.
- Create user-centered wireframes and prototypes for the product design.
- Collaborate with UI designers, visual designers, product managers, and other relevant stakeholders for the product’s success.
- Assisting the branding and the marketing team in creating the best strategy for the product.
- Keeping up with the latest human interaction systems, psychology, and design trends.
Skillsets required of a UX designer are:
- Proficient knowledge of design tools and Sosoftwareuch (Figma, AdobeXD, Balsmiq, UXpin, and Zeplin).
- Excellent communication skills
- A UX designer must have an analytical mind and a knack for solving user problems.
- Extensive knowledge of design principles and user-centered designs
- A UX designer must have good business skills and develop creative ways to achieve the objectives and goals of the organization.
- A UX must be a good team player.
As a UX designer, you can choose the following areas to specialize in
- UX Writing
- User Experience Strategist
- UX Analyst
- Product Designer
- UX Researcher
- UX Architect
The average salary of a UX designer in a year is $76,245, while the total compensation package could be between $52,000 to $ 117,000 annually. This data is from the Payscale salary survey.
Also, check out the Best Paying Jobs in Technology.
Cloud Solutions Architect
Cloud solutions architects are specialists that develop architectural design and methods of a cloud computing system to meet the requirements of an organization.
In recent times, there has been widespread use of cloud computing by business organizations, consequently, cloud solutions architects are required to help set up the front-end, back-end, cloud delivery system, and networks of the cloud computing system.
Roles and Responsibilities of Cloud Solutions Architect
- Design the infrastructure of the cloud systems for organizations according to their business objectives and goals.
- Collaborate with DevOps engineer and IT department to ensure the optimum running of the cloud systems and maintenance.
- Respond to the occurrence of breaches and faults in the cloud computing systems. In addition, setting up security and maintenance mechanisms to mitigate the effect of breaches and faults in the systems.
- Conduct routine maintenance checks on the components (hardware, software, and cloud applications) of the cloud system.
Skillsets required of a cloud solutions architect are:
- Proficiency in at least one operating system.
- Understanding of the basics and advanced knowledge of networking.
- Excellent knowledge of cyber security mechanisms.
- Proficient in the use of cloud-based environments
- Excellent coding skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
According to Glassdoor, the average salary earned by a cloud solutions architect in a year is $120,859.
Programmer analysts are professionals who design, analyze and maintain information systems, computer programs, applications, and database systems. As a programmer analyst, you will juggle between working as a programmer and a system analyst.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Programmer Analyst
- Designing, maintaining, testing, and updating the software and programs of an organization.
- Conduct debugging and other maintenance measures for optimum running of the software.
- Attending to custom software requests.
- Managing the front-end and back-end of the company websites and updating the web pages.
- Create support documentation
Skillsets required of programmer analyst are:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Versatility – ability to juggle between different tasks.
- Proficiency in programming and understanding the different network protocols.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong eyes for details.
According to indeed.com, the average programmer analyst salary is $83,386 per year.
Final Notes on Highest Paying Jobs in the Computer Field
Take it from me when I tell you that working in the computer industries one of the best ways to earn a lot of money while enjoying what you do. The area is best for you if you are interested in problem-solving and have a sound analytical mind.
Before you go, apply for Available Jobs.