This article provides a list of high paying government jobs in Nigeria. Also, it provides a brief description of these jobs and their salaries.
A government job is the most dependable and steady Job you can acquire in Nigeria. They vary from private sector positions because there is uncertainty and intense rivalry to obtain one.
One question is if there are work prospects in Nigeria, and another is whether such jobs pay well. This article will address the latter part of the question.
High Paying Government Jobs in Nigeria
Listed below are some of the high paying government jobs in Nigeria
- NNPC Jobs
- FIRS Jobs
- Bureau of Public Procurement Jobs
- Nigeria Ports Authority Jobs
Nigeria National Petroleum Commission (NNPC).
Petroleum is the primary source of revenue in Nigeria and one sector in which the Nigerian Government heavily invests. Consequently, the job position in the industry is rewarding and positions one for advancement in one career.
Also, check out Jobs in Canada that Support Visas.
The Federal Government set up the Nigeria National Petroleum Commission in 1977 to regulate and manage the petroleum resources in the country.
Furthermore, the organization is also in charge of recruiting professionals such as engineers in the industry.
Requirements for NNPC Jobs
- The minimum age before you can apply is eighteen years old.
- Applicants must pass WAEC, GCE, or NECO certificate exams with a minimum of five credits, including English and Mathematics.
- You must have a degree (HND, OND, NCE Bachelor and Masters) required for the job position. Also, you must complete your youth corps service.
- You must be a citizen of Nigeria and have valid means of identification.
- Adaptability to fast-paced environments.
- Applicants should not have a history of criminal records.
As stated earlier, the jobs available in the industry, especially under NNPC, are lucrative. For entry-level positions, you can earn between N150,000 and N350,000 monthly. As you ascend to the senior level, the compensation package typically is between N500,000 to N 5,000,000 or even more.
First Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
We all know that tax significantly boosts a country’s revenue. The contributions can be used to fund capital infrastructure and other areas of public service. The first Inland Revenue Service is an agency set to see the collection and remittance of taxes into the Government’s account.
The agency is responsible for the following tasks:
- The FIRS fosters progressive taxation across Nigeria.
- The organization is in charge of producing vital yearly tax statistics being used to evaluate the country’s advancement.
- They ensure the correct mode of tax payment as they fund the Government’s expenditures.
- They assess the perks and special rights which should be accessible to firms and companies who pay taxes frequently.
Requirements for landing a job in FIRS include the following criteria.
- Applicants should have excellent analytical and communication skills.
- There should not be a history of a criminal record.
- The age limit of applicants should not exceed 35 years of age.
- Applicants should be a citizen of Nigeria and have a valid means of identification.
- Applicants should pass WAEC, GCE, or NECO with a minimum of 5 credits, including Mathematics and English.
Also, check out International Relation Jobs and their Salaries.
The average salary of jobs in the First Inland Service Revenue depends on the position and the rank/ level. There is not much information on the amount each group earns, but the pay for grade 8 level staff falls on N103,987 monthly while the grade 7 staff makes N89,434 monthly.
Bureau of Public Procurement
If you are looking for a lucrative Government job, be sure to add the Bureau of public procurement as a list of areas to consider. The Bureau of public procurement monitors and evaluates the goods and services the Government would like to purchase.
They ensure that the process and procedures are consistent with the correct practices and regulations.
Why does the Bureau of Public Procurement exist?
To strengthen the collaboration between current administration rules and guidelines on procurement contracts to achieve a high standard of credibility, accountability, and disclosure in public procurement.
Acquiring and distributing government resources according to an equitable, ethical, strong market, and cost-effective means and processes and guiding government procurement issues.
The requirement needed for you to get a job in the Bureau of Public Procurement is as follows.
- There should be no prior criminal background.
- Applicants should not be older than 35 years of age.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens with a recognized form of identification.
- The qualifications are necessary for the open positions.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5 credits in WAEC, GCE, or NECO, including Mathematics and English.
The table below shows the salary for each rank or level in the Bureau of Public Procurement.
|Grade Level||Step||Salary Amount|
|8||1-7||N71,000 – N97,000|
|9||1-8||N77,000 – N114,000|
|10||1-6||N83,000 – N123,000|
|12||1-8||N88,000 – N127,000|
|13||1-8||N114,000 – N138,000|
|14||1-6||N125,000 – N175,000|
|15||1-6||N213,000 – N237,000|
|16||1-5||N268,000 – N275,000|
|17||1-5||N491,000 – N592,000|
Nigeria Ports Authority
From the heading, you know what the agency is about; they oversee and manage activities in the Nigeria Ports. The functions of the Nigeria Ports Authority are:
- Marine and coastal control and governance inside port borders.
- Port infrastructure leasing and concessions, as well as price benchmarking.
- Performing nautical/harbor operations and hydrographic surveys
- Maintaining protection and reliability in popular user areas.
- Creating, monitoring, and enforcing port ordinances and bylaws
- Day-to-day activities supervision and implementation of critical provisions of a contractual relationship
- Towing, anchoring, refueling, vessel channeling, and ship maintenance are all services provided.
Also, check out Jobs Available in Business Administration.
Requirements for jobs in the Nigeria Ports Authority
- Outsiders are not authorized to apply for employment in the Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment.
- Applicants with medical conditions should not apply for the NPA recruitment; if they do, they risk dismissal.
- All applicants are encouraged to exhibit their credentials, which include your WAEC/NECO Certificate and a higher education degree while applying for the NPA Job opportunity. Please keep in mind that this is not an optional step.
- B.Sc., HND, M.Sc., and NYSC Discharge Certificate.
- Most importantly, having computer skills and a degree will be a benefit.
Males must be at least 1.7m tall, while females must be at least 1.64m tall. Must be of good character and capable of working under pressure.
The average salary of employees in the Nigeria Ports Authority is N132,570 Naira a month.
Final Notes on High Paying Government Jobs in Nigeria with their Salaries
There are several career options in the Government for competent applicants; nevertheless, some government occupations pay more than others. This article discusses a few of them. If you want to hunt for one of these positions, this is where you should start.
Before you go, apply for Available Jobs.