Multiple Job Openings for Gardener jobs in Georgia. Read the Gardener jobs summary, and responsibilities and apply now.
Also, apply for Caregiver Jobs in France.
Gardener Jobs in Georgia Summary
This involves doing practical gardening duties and working under the Lead Horticulturist’s immediate supervision. The upkeep of the College’s grounds and landscaping as well as other duties to preserve a clean and appealing environment are responsibilities.
Maintaining flowers, bushes, and trees as well as providing a beautiful landscape design are among the fairly technical duties performed by this role.
- Trims grass, and clears leaves, and other garbage, among other related tasks, to keep the grounds looking nice and organized under direct supervision.
- operates and keeps up grounds machinery as required.
- maintains existing grass.
- embellishes gardens with plants and stones.
- eliminates waste and debris.
- distributes straw over sown soil and hauls or spreads topsoil to retain the soil in place.
Also, apply for Gardener Jobs in Australia.
- Paint and perform minor repairs on paths, lanes, sheds, and benches as well as other enhancements.
- Using a hand or mechanical sprayers or spreaders, combine and apply fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides to grass, shrubs, and trees.
- Employees must Be able to use power tools proficiently, including mowing, edging, trimming, pruning, and blowing, to maintain decorative landscape plants.
- Be able to use local horticultural techniques proficiently and possess the tools required for IPM and adequate fertilization of turf, shrubs, groundcovers, and seasonal color beds.
- Be capable of receiving training in the proper upkeep of ornamental landscaping and container gardens, including the weeding, chemical treatment for disease and insect management, and the trimming, pruning, and shape of shrubs.
- uses motorized mowers and edgers to mow and edge lawns.
- Utilizing gardening tools, one plants seeds, bulbs, and greenery and adds mulch as protection.
- A minimum of six months of relevant work experience is required, or an equivalent mix of education and experience. A GED or high school diploma is necessary.
- All aspects of turf maintenance, soil testing, chemical application, plant identification, arbor care, annual bedding plant installation/maintenance, container gardening, irrigation maintenance, organic horticulture, best practices for landscape maintenance, and sustainability must be trainable and achievable.
- For this job, you need to be a great people person. The incumbent must be able to communicate with people from different backgrounds and adjust to shifting circumstances. Strong verbal communication abilities are needed.
- Must be able to pass a drug test before being hired.
- Georgia driver’s license must be current and valid.