The Automotive Industry
The automotive industry is a broad term for organizations that deal with automobiles. Activities involving the design, development, marketing, and sales of cars are the primary activities that categorized the automotive industry.
Since the advent of technology, man has been developing ways to ease the transportation of humans and goods. They have been a series of changes and development to each discovery from the early days that man was dependent on animals down to the present time we are.
Also, check out Jobs Available in Marine Transportation.
The automotive industry is one of the most significant industries that has contributed significantly to the economy and provided revenue and job opportunities.
According to Zippia, 923,000 Americans work in motor vehicles and parts manufacturing, and automobile dealers employ 1,251,600. At the same time, the auto industry accounts for 3% of America’s GDP.
Career Opportunities in the Automotive Industry
When you talk about the areas of opportunities available in the automotive industry, you might not only consider the areas of design and assembling of the materials. The industry’s other areas include marketing, sales, maintenance, repair, education, and development.
We will explore the careers available across all sectors in this piece so you can understand what to expect from them and how much can be earned as a salary from them.
Listed below are some career opportunities in the automotive industry
- Car Rental Agent
- Car Detailer
- Auto Mechanic
- Process Engineer
Car Rental Agent
Car rental agents provide rental services for interested customers. They help them get the cars according to their request after evaluating their worthiness of maintaining a vehicle and footing the cost attached.
Duties of a Car Rental Agent
Some of the duties of a car rental agent include:
- Make sure the legal paperwork and other important papers are correctly signed.
- Attend to the client’s inquiries, grievances, and demands regarding the vehicle and the procedure involved.
- Give consumers helpful advice and information, such as insurance coverage, to ensure they have a positive experience with the vehicle.
- Process rental applications in compliance with the law and corporate standards.
- Work with vehicle repair businesses to maintain and fix problems with the hired car.
Following the salary survey report from Indeed, the average salary of a car rental agent is 36,323 per year.
Also, check out Career Opportunities in Aviation.
A car detailer helps conduct maintenance of the vehicle by providing cleaning services. They perform cleaning services such as washing, waxing, painting, vacuuming, and polishing a car’s interior and exterior parts. The services may be intensive or otherwise based on the customer’s request.
Duties of a Car Detailer
- Clean the car’s inside and exterior following the company’s standards and the customer’s request.
- Conduct cleaning procedures using buffers, steamers, hoses, vacuums, and other tools.
- Utilize materials that clean, maintain, and protect the vehicle’s exterior.
- Conduct examinations and maintain thorough, precise records of the vehicle’s condition.
- Drive automobiles to the proper destinations, or pick up owners or drivers if necessary.
- Ensure materials in the inventory are replaced before it is finished.
- Be respectful while responding to client questions.
- Use proper cleaning solutions, applicators, and machines to clean upholstery, rugs, and other surfaces.
- Report any safety concerns to management right away.
According to Indeed.com, the average salary of a car detailer is $37,817 per year.
A car salesperson deals with promoting and marketing cars to customers, providing them with information on the range of options available. They drive sales for the company they work for by persuading their customers and outlining the benefits.
Duties of a Car Salesperson
- Plan showroom tours for guests to offer prospective buyers a look at the automobiles and answer their queries.
- Provide advice to consumers on selecting automobiles and other auto-related equipment.
- Keep up with the most recent trends, developments, and rivals in the automobile business.
- Oversee prospective customers’ test drives.
- Observe the dealership’s policies and industry norms.
- Get the appropriate identification means from the qualified customer for test drives.
- Give extensive product information and a demonstration to clients.
- Ensure that customers are completely satisfied by attending to their demands.
- Assist the buyer in the automobile buying process
- Follow up with potential customers to persuade them to buy something or recommend someone.
According to Indeed.com, the average salary of a car salesperson is $71,650.
An auto mechanic performs automobile diagnostic, repair, and maintenance-related activities to correct or prevent an issue. They use equipment and diagnostic tools to troubleshoot and replace faulty parts.
Duties of Auto Mechanic
- Adjust, test, and rebuild engine components, including steering, electrical, cooling, air conditioning, lubricating, power steering units, clutches, gearboxes, and oil systems.
- Test-drive automobiles to be sure the issue was fixed.
- Maintain a workplace that is secure, orderly, effective, and productive.
- Note and report any extra maintenance and repairs that are required.
- Record the amount of time, components, and supplies consumed.
- Carry out welding and fabrication when necessary.
- When discussing repairs with clients, provide a quotation and other options as appropriate.
Also, check out Career Opportunities in Entomology.
According to Indeed.com, an auto mechanic earn $59,632 per year as an annual average salary.
Managing automated systems and handling technical problems is the responsibility of process engineers. They use their extensive technical knowledge of automated manufacturing to design and test novel production procedures.
Duties of a Process Engineer
- Create and put into action ways to enhance the production process.
- Improve the quality and output of the process by working with cross-functional teams.
- Control and distribute the resources required for the manufacturing process.
- Create cost-effective procedures.
- Identify the essential techniques and gather the necessary resources.
- Examine current approaches to eliminate duplication and boost production efficiency and quality.
- Analyze and fix process issues to provide ongoing, long-lasting improvement.
- Control the process to ensure it is finished on time and within your budget.
- Make sure that you are adhering to corporate and industry standards.
According to Indeed.com, the average salary of a process engineer is $85,903 in a year.
Final Notes on Career Opportunities in the Automotive Industry
One of the largest sectors in the world continues to be the automobile sector. Due to the industry’s wide range of specializations, several chances exist. This post discusses a few job options that will give you some insight.
Before you go, apply for Available Jobs.