This article highlights some of the Career Opportunities in Hotel Management. Also, it gives a brief description of these jobs and the salaries they pay.
A hotel is a place where people may stay for a short or extended period. A hotel can serve as a place for meetings and conferences in addition to offering to lodge.
In this piece, we will look at a few occupations available in a hotel. Jobs in a hotel vary since there are several locations where one might work. We have positions open for people in the administrative unit; they take on leadership duties.
Also, check out Career Opportunities with a Medical Physics Degree.
Furthermore, we have positions in the maintenance department and other areas involved in personally assisting guests in guaranteeing their happiness.
Career Opportunities in Hotel Management
Listed below are some Career Opportunities in Hotel Management
- Hotel Manager
- Maintenance Technician
- Laundry Attendant
- Food and Beverage Manager
A concierge assists tourists by scheduling tours, making theatre and restaurant reservations, etc.
What Does a Concierge Do?
- Provide accurate, efficient, and professional services to guests and owners, increasing their pleasure.
- Organize in-room services directory
- Provide and arrange all packaging elements, including cruises, dining reservations, and transportation.
- Offer prompt, courteous, and polite guest services to all visitors and owners.
- Establish a suitable commission between the personnel and the merchants.
- Ensure that all incoming guests are aware of room availability within the expected time range.
- Create a program to recognize recurring and VIP visitors and build amenities and welcome presents for them.
- Establish a weekly listing of all special events, times, and directions for visitors and guest services.
- Ensure that all departments are informed about every aspect of the hotel’s activities and special events.
- Coordinate with the front desk to handle any requests from visitors.
- Check the cleanliness and condition of VIP and owner units before their arrival.
- Notify the front desk about returning visitors and give them a warm greeting.
How Much Does a Concierge Earn?
According to Payscale, a concierge earns $31,994 as an annual average salary.
A hotel manager is in charge of all hotel operations and day-to-day activities. They carry on several activities, including bookkeeping, sales, company growth, and customer support.
What does a Hotel Manager do?
- Organize, create, and manage everyday activities in the hotel.
- Forecast and analyze sales, labor, and profit while ensuring budget adherence.
- Plan, oversee, and take part in the unit-specific operational responsibilities.
- Supervise and schedule training of the personnel of the hotel,
- Monitor and review the performance of the staff. In addition, they also mete out disciplinary action to staff who exhibit misconduct and go against the ethics of the hotel.
- Keep up with daily reporting requirements, cash control, and accounting records.
- Answer consumer questions and settle customer grievances.
- Maintain and guarantee a secure atmosphere in the building, including rules for cleaning, sanitation, attire, money management, and personnel hygiene.
- Report any odd occurrences, conditions, quality control, or safety concerns to superiors.
- Represent the company professionally and positively at all times.
- Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
How Much Does a Hotel Manager Earn?
According to Payscale, the salary of a hotel manager is $55,215 per year.
Also, check out Career Opportunities in Cosmetology.
Housekeepers perform cleaning activities and ensure the safety of the room they are in charge of
What Does a Housekeeper Do?
- Cleaning the guestrooms before and after departure
- Lay bed before the customer’s arrival and after they have left.
- Make sure your sheets and towels are clean by changing them.
- Keep the guest rooms stocked with toiletries, glasses, and notepads
- Get rid of the garbage and the room service tray.
- Provide valet laundry services
- Clean the carts and assemble them
- In case of damaged objects, faulty lighting, or broken appliances, notify the maintenance department.
- Follow the hotel’s privacy and security policies.
How Much Does a Housekeeper Earn?
According to Indeed.com, the average salary of a housekeeper is $43,398 per year.
Food and Beverage Manager
A food and beverage manager plan, oversee, and places orders for food and drinks on behalf of the hotel.
What Does a Food and Beverage Manager Do?
- Establish precise and aggressive sales targets for beverage sales over time.
- Ensures staff and guests follow safe practices across the property, aiding the upkeep of correct emergency and security measures.
- Take charge of hiring and training staff in the unit to satisfy departmental tasks.
- Maintain effective cost and portion control of the supplies in the inventory.
- Responsible for the proper perpetual inventory control procedure, beverage cost, etc.
How much Does a Food and Beverage Manager Earn?
According to Payscale, the average salary of a food and beverage manager is $51422.per year.
A server is responsible for taking orders, answering inquiries about the menu and cuisine, selling food and beverages from the restaurant, accepting payments, and communicating orders with the kitchen.
Also, apply for Data Entry Jobs in the USA.
What Does a Server Do?
- Inform visitors about deals and menu updates.
- Make suggestions that you genuinely believe your guests would like.
- Use persuasive selling strategies to upsell food and beverages.
- Provide information about the sources and preparation of food.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding our cuisine, drinks, and other restaurant operations and services.
- Take visitors’ food and beverage orders. Enter orders into our POS system, which sends orders to the kitchen and bar.
- Timely delivery of food and beverages should be made to guests from the kitchen and bar.
- Perform side tasks at the start and end of each shift as assigned by the service station.
- Monitor and observe the eating experience of the guests.
- Prepare the final bill, provide it to the guest, take payment, and process it.
How Much Does a Server Earn?
According to Indeed.com, a server can earn up to $45,490 annually.
A maintenance specialist supervises the equipment’s routine maintenance of the hotel.
What Does a Maintenance Technician Do?
- As necessary, troubleshoot and fix machinery, systems, and buildings. Examples of chores include painting and wallpaper, tub and sink, outlet and bulb replacement, carpentry, and concrete and tile repair.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on laundry, plumbing, heating and cooling systems, ice makers, spa equipment, fire extinguishers, fire/smoke alarms, lawn sprinklers, and kitchen appliances.
- Follow manufacturer and local health department guidelines when maintaining spas and swimming pools.
- Assist with outside seasonal tasks like snow removal and lawn maintenance.
- Inform the front desk and housekeeping department of any changes to the state of the room.
Also, apply for Statistician Jobs in the UK.
How Much Does a Maintenance Technician Earn?
According to indeed.com, the average salary of a maintenance technician manager is $50,734 per year.
Laundry attendants sort, wash and fold customer laundry as needed. They also assist with the removal of stains from things using proper processes as required.
What Does a Laundry Attendant Do?
- Towels, sheets, bathrobes, napkins, tablecloths, uniforms, and other goods are sorted, cleaned, dried, folded, ironed, and organized for the hotel.
- Get rid of dirty or damaged linen.
- Use the washing and drying machines.
- Clean materials, detergents, and soaps must be combined and measured.
- Manage the guests’ dry cleaning and valet laundry at the specified time.
How Much Does a Laundry Attendant Earn?
According to Indeed.com, the average salary of a laundry attendant is $33,754 annually.
Final Notes on Career Opportunities in Hotel Management
There are a lot of opportunities present in the hotel when it comes to discussing job positions and careers. There are different sections available in the hotel business where an individual can work.
We have those in charge of the hotel’s administrative, accounting, maintenance, and welfare department. Some jobs are menial, while some are not.
Before you go, check out Loans in Nigeria for Salary Earners.