This article highlights the career opportunities in Animation. Also, it provides a brief description of these jobs and their salaries.
Animation involves bringing characters, objects, and places drawn or illustrated into life; they use sophisticated computer programs and tools to bring inmate objects to reality.
Career Opportunities in Animation
The following are the career opportunities in Animation.
- VFX Artist
- Graphics Designer
- Concept Artist
- 3D Modeler
- Game Designer
VFX means visual effects; hence a VFX artist creates visual effects for images and characters in movies, games, and animations. They use digital programs and sophisticated tools to make an impact that looks real.
There are different job positions for VFX; VFX artist is just a general term that encompasses all the VFX job positions and roles in the industry. Other parts in the industry include VFX supervisor, composition artist, FX animator, and VFX director.
Also, check out Career Opportunities in Public Health and their Salaries.
What Does a VFX Artist Do?
The following are the duties of a VFX artist.
- Produce characters and images with excellent textures, materials, and VFX mesh assets
- Complete VFX projects following a specific style guide for the project.
- Work through aesthetic and technological issues by exchanging ideas with designers, programmers, and artists.
- Collaborate with the lead VFX artist and production for scheduling.
- Utilize specialized tools and software to produce animations and visual effects.
- Conceive and design CGI characters.
- Create graphics for video games and mobile apps.
- Construct simulations and mockups that directors, engineers, and editors, among others, may examine and approve.
- Make revisions and editing on any animation problems that may arise.
How Much Does a VFX Artist Earn
According to Glassdoor, a VFX artist’s average salary is $65,970 annually.
A graphics designer is a professional that artistically integrates design components such as color, typography, pictures, and logos to produce a design that conveys information.
The works of a graphic designer for clients or companies may be for marketing or just a work of art.
What Does a Graphic Designer Do?
- Organize ideas by researching pertinent data and sources.
- Create polished work by using the required tools and software.
- Coordinate with team members, web designers, marketers, stakeholders, and other vital members actively involved in the project.
- Interact with clients to discuss and gather requirements for the design and layout.
- Use software like CorelDraw and Photoshop to create various images and layouts for product drawings, business logos, and websites.
- Review completed designs and point out suggestions for changes as needed.
- Develop mockups and prototypes for the project to be designed.
- Offer thoughts and advice during brainstorming and requirement analysis.
How Much Does a Graphic Designer Earn?
According to Indeed.com, the average salary of a graphic designer is $59,120 annually.
Illustrators are professionals that create illustrations. An illustrator can work in several settings, including publishing houses, fashion, film production, and advertising agencies.
What Does an Illustrator Do?
- Analyze and produce ideas on image concepts with the marketing and design teams.
- Preparing and creating rough draft illustrations per customer criteria.
- Perfect client’s project within the financial and time constraints.
- Create comprehensive drawings by mixing paint, hand-drawn, and computer-produced pictures.
- Use illustration tools to improve picture design.
- Also, Use a variety of colors and images to improve the design concept.
- Use complicated isometric techniques to provide perspective to design forms.
- Ensure that final illustrations are formatted using CAD (computer-aided design tools and software).
- Create printed illustrations that adhere to color and quality specifications.
How Much Does an Illustrator Earn?
According to Glassdoor, the average salary of an illustrator is $42,038 per year.
Also, apply for Statistician Jobs in the United States of America.
The concept artist works in the pre-production area of animation, preparing sketches and drawings as a basis for the project in 2D and 3D.
What Does a Concept Artist Do?
- Brainstorm and interpret ideas with the project team.
- Introduce ideas, sources of information, and references to the project team.
- Interpret the original concepts and produce rapid drafts for evaluation.
- Make specific to the brief detailed concept designs in various media, such as 2D sketches or 3D renders.
- Attend meetings and consultations involved in the project revisions and modifications.
- Maintain project schedules and timelines.
- Inform stakeholders and supervisors of any changes and problems on the project.
- Update on the most recent technological developments and design trends.
How Much Does a Concept Artist Earn?
According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a concept artist is $58,320 per year.
3D modeler creates a visual representation of the characters using three dimensions.
What does a 3D Modeler Do?
- Make 3D models of objects and places for use in visual materials by communicating with project managers, clients, or other team members.
- Design 3D models by utilizing computer software such as AutoCAD.
- Build the landscape or other structural models using blueprints and other reference sources.
- Draft or sketch proposed concepts to act as templates for a final model.
- Examine the structural integrity of the design plans
- Create 3D representations of real-world items such as structures, landscapes, automobiles, machinery, and other things using software
- Make natural organic and hard surface computer-generated models based on instructions and references.
How Much Does a 3D Modeler Earn?
According to Indeed.com, the average salary of a 3D modeler is $65,497 a year.
A game designer designs the gameplay, game environment, interfaces, and layout for a video game. Animation helps create and develop the characters, effects, storyline, and sound to ensure people have a great game experience.
A game designer designs the game environment, interface, and layout. Animations help a lot when it comes to developing the characters, effects, sound,
What Does a Game Designer Do?
- Design games for various devices and platforms that engage and captivate the user’s imagination.
- Consider, plan, and detail every new game aspect, including the scenario, rules, plot flow, objects, vehicles, character interface, and modes of play.
- Create a concept document and utilize it to persuade the production team that the game is worthwhile.
- Do market research to learn what your target customer wants.
- Convert a preliminary notion into a precise concept and then put it into action
- Compose scripts and create storyboards
- Collaborate with others, such as game developers, artists, and programmers, to create a prototype – a small-scale playable version of the game.
- Make changes to the game design parameters to reflect advancements as they occur.
How Much Does a Game Designer Earn?
According to Payscale, video game designers earn $66,922, an average yearly salary.
Final Notes on Career Opportunities in Animation and their Salaries
A degree or skill in animation will lead to many opportunities in various fields such as marketing, publishing, video production, and many more. From 2020 to 2030, special effects artists and animators are projected to experience a 16 percent job growth, much faster than the national average. With these, it is evident that it is a promising and rewarding career.
Before you go, apply for Available Jobs.