The post contains the career opportunities available for dramatists. We will explore the duties and requirements required for each of the following positions we mention here.
Career Opportunities Available for Dramatists
Listed below are some Career Opportunities Available for Dramatists.
- Drama Teacher
- Actor and Actress
- Stage Technician
A drama teacher is responsible for creating education for the students interested in drama, stage plays, or theatre arts in an educational setting.
Also, check out Career Opportunities in Event Planning.
Responsibilities of a Drama Teacher
- Create a safe and supportive teaching environment that will enable good teaching standards for the students to learn
- Ensure the teaching methods and resources used are authentic and capable of engaging the students
- Work with the assigned curriculum and instruction material to ensure the student gets the best when it comes to knowledge of drama.
- Create and direct stage plays and dramas for students to help them get a learning experience.
- Monitor each student’s performance on the theoretical and practical aspects of drama.
- Gather and analyze data on every student’s assessment to help understand how to improve the teaching and learning experiences.
- Communicate with students and parents/guardians to inform them of the performance of their wards.
- Promote and ensure correct behavior of the students towards the school and fellow students.
- Plans instructional activities with other professional staff, both school- and non-school-based, to maximize learning opportunities.
- As appropriate, participate actively in the school’s professional learning community to deepen the understanding of curriculum, content, and competencies and create assessments that measure lesson/unit mastery.
- Prepare the students for competitions, exams, and other activities that will help them deepen their knowledge of theatre arts.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution or college in theatre or a related field of study
- The ability to demonstrate curriculum knowledge, subject matter knowledge, and effective teaching techniques
- Ability to incorporate current research and theory with educational programs
- Knowledgeable about how to utilize computers and multimedia to improve learning
- Knowledge of acting, theatrical production, acting basics, and theatre history
- Outstanding communication abilities both in writing and speaking
- Knowledge of theatre-related effective and cutting-edge teaching methods and student assessment approaches
Also, check out Career Opportunities in Hotel Management.
The average salary of a drama teacher in a year is $57,383, per ZipRecruiter’s salary poll.
The job of a playwright is to write plays for those who will perform them. They combine their innovative and research skills to create an enticing, informative, and entertaining piece of play for the audience.
Responsibilities of a Playwright
- Form connections with theatre professionals such as producers, directors, performers, and other professionals involved in the project.
- Craft the writings on stories for a drama, play, and shows, sourcing inspiration from legends, historical occurrences, or contemporary situations.
- Create an engaging piece to introduce the audience to the play.
- researching historical occurrences or subjects to create dramatic characters or locations
- Organize the musicals that will befit the project at hand.
- Develop the characters that will be involved in the play
- Collaborate with those that will set the stage, sharing ideas and concepts on the scene with directors and actors
- Create or assists with script writing for each character.
- Ensure that the play is befitting for the entertainment of the viewers.
Although an academic background in stage plays or writing might not necessarily be required, it is necessary and will be a plus also. The most important thing about the requirements is creativity and good writing skills with a good command of the language one writes.
Other Requirements Include
- Researching and creating educational and intriguing plays requires excellent research skills.
- Working directly with and indirectly collaborating with a variety of personnel.
According to ZipRecruiter, the average salary of a playwright is $55,187 per year.
Actor and Actress
Actors/Actresses bring the character to life creatively, and actors portray the acts for the education and amusement of the audience.
Responsibilities of an Actor/Actress
- Assist in the audition process of actors and actresses.
- Work alongside other actors/actresses for rehearsals and table readings
- Read scripts to grasp what is expected of the character entirely.
- Participate in choreography, musicals, and other activities aside from acting for the play.
- Attend the final performance’s dress rehearsal.
- Obey the director’s commands about your actions and mobility.
- Take part in each of the last versions.
- Attend press-related events on our behalf.
- Submit fresh suggestions that appear suitable for our presentation.
According to Salary.com, the average salary of an actor/actress is $59,469 per year.
Stage technicians are responsible for establishing and maintaining the stage used for plays. They help determine the kind of stage for the storyline after deliberation with the director, playwright, and actors.
Also, check out Data Entry jobs in Canada.
Responsibilities of a Stage Technician
- Work according to the schedule of the rehearsals.
- Assist with the acquisition of the props and resources for the stage performance.
- Help with procurement of costumes in line with the stage play.
- Collaborate with the workers and director on creating the befitting stage for the play.
- Assist with the budget and cost estimates for the props, costumes, and materials for the stage set-up.
- Communicate with the production manager about expenditures.
- Oversee the rental of equipment such as lightning such that they are safe and in perfect order.
- Ensure that the performance goes as planned and handle any issues by communicating with the director, stagehands, and other technical team members.
The following are the essential things that are expected of a stage technician.
- Proven experience in how the technical aspects of stage set-up and stage management.
- A degree in theatre arts or performing arts would be a significant boost. Although it is necessarily required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of basic carpentry and electrical skills.
The average salary of a stage technician is $40,047 per year, following the Zippia.com post on the salary survey.
Final Notes on Career Opportunities Available for Dramatists
For a dramatist, there are a variety of professional options accessible. In addition to careers that involve art performance, some jobs are behind-the-scenes, set-related, and business-related. Dramatists are famous in the arts and entertainment because they promote artistic creation and display talent.
Before you go, apply for Available Jobs.