This article provides a list of business technology Jobs. Also, it gives a brief description of these jobs and their salaries.
Business technology is a career route that combines technology and associated technological activities to assure that a business stands for profit maximization and customer pleasure.
Business technology is a merger of two entities: business and technology. Some positions have grown in prominence recently since they previously lacked official job designations.
Business Technology Jobs
- The following are the business technology jobs that you can apply for as long you have the necessary qualifications, experience, and other criteria attached to the job.
- Chief Technology Officer
- Quality Assurance Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Project Manager
- Information Systems Auditor
Chief Technology Officer
The chief technology officer oversees the decisions involving a company’s technological activities and other related activities. In addition, they are in charge of setting up plans that will affect the present and future growth of technology used to help achieve the company’s business objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Spearhead activities that involve the usage of technology in the organization.
- Maintain the validity of the technical resources available. Also, ensure the resources are efficient to solve the IT and technology jobs.
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for software development and IT infrastructure
- Develop the technology team of the organization to have a competitive advantage over competitors
- Establish schedules for every technical service development and implementation, ensuring they are delivered promptly.
- Approve the technological needs of the company.
- Provide mentorship to young and experienced members of the technology team.
- Research and track the needs of the customer
- Assist in the marketing of IT initiatives.
- Help with budgeting and allocation of resources on technology issues in the company.
- Keep abreast of new technological developments and use such initiatives to help drive the company forward.
Also, apply for Information Security Analyst Jobs in the United States.
How Much Does a Chief Technology Officer Earn?
The job position of a chief technology officer is an executive-level job in an organization and is such a top and significant post for anyone to hold. According to Payscale, the annual average salary is $167,120, earning between $93,000 to $300,000 in a year as their total pay.
Quality Assurance Analyst
A quality assurance analyst is an expert that uses analytics and research methods to maintain the quality standards of the goods and services offered by a business.
They are vital when it comes to decision-making in business as their findings help determine the process and decisions that help maintain, improve or flaw the production quality.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a strategy to help create sound quality-check criteria that help achieve the aims and objectives of the company’s goals.
- Implement structures that help fix issues affecting the quality assurance of the company’s products.
- Ensure that processes of production of products are functional, usable, cost-effective, and compatible.
- Use quality testing tools and equipment to ensure quality standards do not drop.
- Present a clear report of findings to stakeholders, team members, and other personnel, including technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Responsible for maintaining all the quality control and assurance artifacts.
- Perform the root cause analysis technique to find the fault and gather all the necessary facts for the solution.
- Convey information to new hires and provide knowledge
How Much Does a Quality Assurance Analyst Earn?
Following the Payscale report on the salary of a quality assurance analyst, the average salary of a quality assurance analyst is $58,266 annually.
As the name suggests, a data analyst is a specialist who uses data to derive actionable information to preserve or enhance business performance. Data collection, analysis, cleansing, and interpretation are their responsibilities.
These collective efforts aid in identifying areas of strong and weak performance, produce insights, and aid in forecasts.
Also, check out The Highest Paying Accounting Jobs in Nigeria.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Data set commissioning and decommissioning.
- Create the necessary data sets using SQL queries designed to extract data from primary and secondary sources.
- Create visualization reports and studies that present historical data in graphs, pivot tables, charts, time series tables, etc.
- Aid the data warehouse in locating and updating reporting specifications.
- Support activities for data standardization and integrity.
- Provide technological know-how in data purification and storage architectures.
- Develop data governance strategies while collaborating with programmers, engineers, and management leaders to find possibilities for process improvement.
How Much Does a Data Analyst Earn?
According to Payscale, the average salary of a data analyst is $63,313 annually, which is one of the reasons it is a highly rated career in business technology.
Project managers are key figures when it comes to the successful completion of a project from start to finish. They are responsible for planning and scheduling the milestones and deliverables needed for each stage of a project, ensuring that they are completed with the resources and time allocated.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Project Manager
- Utilize the recommended project control techniques to complete the project on time and within budget.
- Offer the initiative and drive required to inspire employees and accomplish project objectives.
- Coordinate the definition of the project’s scope and timetable with the project committee, technical teams, and management.
- Manage scheduled project meetings.
- Direct the creation of studies, reports, and project presentations.
- Assure the output quality of the project.
- Manage the members of the project team.
- Ensure that the processes and procedures for project delivery are followed.
- Plans project resources to suit the demands of the business.
- Ensure the project’s deliverables are finished on time and according to the specified timeline.
How Much Does a Project Manager Earn?
According to Payscale, the average salary of a project manager specializing in information technology is $88,853 annually.
Also, check out Jobs You Can Do with a Business Degree.
Information Systems Auditor
An information systems auditor is an IT professional who specializes in auditing an organization’s information systems to validate whether it is secure, efficient, and adequately managed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure an organization’s information systems are audited in compliance with information systems audit standards.
- Carry out evaluations of the organization’s information security and make recommendations in case of system weakness or any improvement.
- Prepare audit reports on audit findings and suggestions to essential stakeholders to implement the necessary change.
- Schedule and implement audit follow-ups to see whether management has acted appropriately and promptly.
- Assure the organization’s plans and objectives are met through information systems’ procurement, development, testing, and deployment procedures.
- Assure the organization’s plans and objectives are met through the information systems operations, maintenance, and service management procedures.
How Much Does an Information Systems Auditor Earn?
According to Payscale, the average salary of an information system auditor in a year is $81,905.
Final Notes on Business Technology Jobs and their Salaries
Suppose you have exceptional computer abilities in coding and non-coding areas and can use those talents to revitalize numerous business processes. In that case, business technology careers are one of the profitable fields to enter.
Before you go, apply for Available Jobs.