Take your USSD Banking to another level by finding your bank’s USSD code from this complete list of Banks USSD Codes.
As more consumers choose electronic payments over conventional bank deposits and withdrawals, online payments have developed over time to become the norm.
Some customers feel safer using USSD from their banks, despite the fact that utilizing bank apps has also grown commonplace.
As a result, USSD banking has emerged as a preferred method for mobile payments, particularly for residents of remote settlements or anyone else who has to make an online payment but does not have access to the internet.
Also, check out How to Borrow Money from Opay.
Without an internet connection, people may now shop online, pay bills, obtain assistance, and even send money via special number codes.
What is USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data)?
GSM phones connect to mobile network operators via the USSD communication medium. You can use your mobile phones to access these codes at any time of day, and you don’t need internet data to receive an answer.
There are specific Banks USSD Codes that can be used to complete various transactions. Users of mobile phones may now pay for goods and services without having to wait in line at the bank or deal with the stress of trying to find a recharge card when they need one thanks to these codes.
You may easily buy and sell from the comfort of your bedroom while also paying your child’s tuition, the rent on your home, and utility expenses. The USSD codes for various Nigerian banks are shown below;
Zenith Bank USSD Code
The USSD code for Zenith Bank is *966#. With the use of this code, you can open a new Zenith account, purchase airtime for yourself or others, send money, check your account’s balance, update your BVN, and more.
However, before using this service you need to register for *966#. How can I register with this code? The instructions for signing up to use the Zenith bank USSD code are provided below;
- You only need to enter your number and dial *966*00#.
- Your debit (ATM) card’s last four digits must be entered.
- Your account name will appear on the following screen, and you will be prompted to create a 4-digit PIN.
- The 4-digit PIN confirmation will come next.
- Then you’ll receive a notification, “Retrieving your balance.”
- You’ll receive an SMS with your account’s balance in it.
UBA USSD Code
The USSD code for United Bank for Africa (UBA) is *919#. It can be used to create a new UBA account, purchase airtime (for oneself or another person), send money, check the balance of an account, and update BVN.
UBA USSD Code to Check Your Account Balance
In order to check your account balance with United Bank for Africa (UBA), you should first dial *919# and then adhere to the instructions listed below:
- Using your phone, enter *919#.
- Pick the option that says “Check Account Balance” from the list.
- Enter the UBA transfer PIN here.
- type “okay.”
- On your cell phone number that is registered with the bank, you can also dial *919*00#. Then, a message with your account balance will be sent to you.
How to Purchase Airtime Using UBA USSD Code:
- Dial *919#.
- Choose self-top-up.
- Type the amount.
- then click “Okay.”
Fidelity Bank USSD Code
You may easily register the Fidelity Bank USSD code by following the steps below. You must first dial *770#. When prompted to provide your account number, you should do so. This will immediately register your phone number.
Additionally, you must make a secret pin. Four numbers typically make up the pin. Make sure you select numbers that are simple for you to recall. After that, click “confirm” to validate the transfer code registration.
After a short while of signing up, you will get an SMS confirming that your registration for Fidelity mobile banking was successful. At this point, you can begin to complete the transactions.
Union Bank USSD Code
Simply dial *826# from the mobile number associated with this bank to access mobile banking at Union Bank. Notification of a new charge will appear when you dial *826#; you must choose “826” to continue.
Following that, a different message will appear on your screen, and an automatic SMS will be sent to the phone number you registered with your bank. You will be registered the first time you call *826#, which is free.
When you dial the code for the first time, registration is completed. For some transactions, such as:
- Pay your bills.
- Transfer funds to different bank accounts.
- Get both your own and others’ airtime.
- Additionally, you can look up your BVN, account number, and account amount.
Also, check out How to Share Airtime on Glo.
Sterling Bank USSD Code
The USSD code for Sterling Bank is *822#. You can use this code to access services like:
- Purchase a recharge card.
- Settling accounts, etc.
- This technique doesn’t need data or an internet connection because the code is utilized with your mobile number that is registered with the bank.
- You must follow the instructions after dialing *822# in order to get the desired outcomes.
GTB USSD Code
The USSD code for Guaranty Trust Bank is *737#. (GTBank). You need to have an open account with this bank in order to use this USSD code. You can register a password by dialing *737# on the phone number you have on file with the bank.
This will allow you to have a pass whenever you want to make a money transfer, recharge your phone number online, or check your account balance or BVN.
For various uses or the financial activity that best suits your needs, GTBank provides these codes;
- Dial your GTB USSD code*1*amount*the NUBAN account number# to transfer money from one GTBank account to another (for example, *737*15000*0987653412#).
- To transfer money out of your GTBank account and into another bank: Dial your GTB USSD code * 2 * the amount * your NUBAN account number#, for example, *737*2*5000*309777198#. Dial the GTB USSD code*airtime amount# (e.g., *737*500#) to purchase airtime for your line.
- Dial the GTB USSD code*amount*recipients phone number# (for example, *737*500*08169497771#) to send airtime to a different line.
- Simply phone *737# to access your GTB account balance, then follow the on-screen instructions.
FirstBank USSD Code
The USSD code for First Bank is *894#. You must first have a First Bank account in order to use the code, and you can only access the bank codes using the phone number you registered with your bank. The various banking codes for different transactions are listed below;
- Dial 8940# to register for the First Bank USSD code. Choose your desired debit card next.
- Your debit card’s 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) must be entered.
- 894Amount* Number# to send money from First Bank to other banks in Nigeria. To complete your transaction, just adhere to the supplied instructions.
- By dialing 89400#, you can also check the balance of your account.
- Note that this code only works on the phone that was registered with the bank.
Wema Bank USSD Code
Wema Bank’s USSD code is *945*5#. You must create a pin and register in order to use Wema Bank’s online banking. The procedures for registering to use the Wema Bank USSD code are listed below;
- Follow the on-screen instructions after pressing *945*5#.
- Give the necessary details, including the account number, birth date, new pin, and new pin confirmation.
- You can start performing USSD banking operations once the pin has been created.
Ecobank USSD Code
The Eco Bank USSD code is *326#. On your mobile phone registered with the bank, you can make the desired transactions by dialing *326#.
The code allows for money transfers.
The USSD code 326 can be used for a variety of mobile transactions, including purchasing airtime for friends, family members, and yourself as well as paying utility bills.
Polaris Bank USSD Code
The Polaris Bank USSD code is *833#. You can complete many transactions with this code without encountering data or network issues. This code allows you to:
- Easily create an account
- Purchase airtime for family and friends.
- You can also pay your utility bills and transfer money between bank accounts.
Also, check out How to Borrow Airtime from 9mobile.
Stanbic IBTC Bank USSD Code
You need to have an account with the bank in order to use the Stanbic IBTC bank code. Then, you can generate or modify your PIN by dialing *909*11*1# using the phone number you registered with the bank.
If you are a first-time user, you must register using your DOB and the last six numbers of your ATM card.
AccessBank USSD Code
*901# is the code for AccessBank. Access Bank also offers Mobile Premium service, which is compatible with iOS, Android, and Blackberry smartphones.
What is possible with Access Mobile Premium?
- Increase transaction volume to the tune of N2 million each day.
- Verify the beneficiary’s name before sending money
- Purchase your airline ticket Complete your check management tasks, including the request, confirmation, and additional instructions for checks.
- Find nearby branches and ATMs to top up your cell network’s credit.
- Transfer money both inside and outside Access Bank
- Pay bills like DSTV, PHCN, LCC, and others.
- Access Bank’s Funds Transfer to Third Parties
- Transferring money to accounts at different banks
- Foreign Resources Transmit to any nation
- Transfer instantly anywhere around Africa with access
- purchasing airtime
Final Notes on Banks USSD Codes: A Complete List for All Banks
USSD banking is an easy and affordable way to manage your accounts without having to deal with banks or other middlemen. Simple banking operations can be carried out from your mobile device using USSD codes.
You can apply for loans and do other complicated tasks like making transfers and viewing account balances.
In the past few years, USSD banking has been quickly adopted by numerous banks, financial institutions, government buildings, and even healthcare offices, and this expansion is anticipated to continue in the years to come. If you have any questions make sure to drop them in the comments section below.
Before you go, check out Personal Loans in Nigeria.